Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:10:49 PM EDT
... to take a look at this thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=245986 & offer up your comments.

Is your trigger spring bent like mine? For those who installed the FCG themselves, do the instructions mention anything about bending the legs of the spring to increase tension?

Any insight you can provide would be appreciated.

NYP
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got AS FCG's in all of my AR derivatives and that "reverse bend" trigger spring is a new one on me. A guy has to suspect that, like Tweak mentioned, somebody flubbed the install and has resorted to an ad-hoc method to cure the deficeincy. Unfortunately, the install of an AS FCG is a one-way deal. Once metal is filed off, it's gone. However, this almost looks like not enough metal was shaved off the nose of the disconnector and somebody stiffened up the trigger spring in an attempt to get faster and stronger sear/hammer engagement after the trigger is released and the disconnector lets go.

One way to find out, mi amigo. Strighten the spring and re-install. Try hand-cycling the action while holding the trigger back. Then very slowly release the trigger and see if you get sear engagement and full trigger re-set. If this works out OK head for the range. With no more than one round in the chamber and one in the mag, test things out.

It would reinforce the testing process if you have a trigger weight testing scale. Test the trigger release weight after just cocking the hammer and after cycling the action with the trigger held back. If you get a big difference, something is amiss in your FCG.

Good luck.

Keep us posted.

SD
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I installed my own Accuracy Speaks trigger.

IIRC, it came without any springs at all but the instructions said to use standard springs.  You can bend the springs one way or the other to add or subtract tension on the trigger.

Is it crisp?  Is it a good weight?  If so, don't sweat it.

-Anthony
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... to take a look at this thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=245986 & offer up your comments.

Is your trigger spring bent like mine? For those who installed the FCG themselves, do the instructions mention anything about bending the legs of the spring to increase tension?

Any insight you can provide would be appreciated.

NYP

AS Trigger groups have a slightly different Sear/hammer geometry than a standard AR TG.(hence the super crisp break)  They generally set their TG's up one of two ways, either for those who shoot Military rifle competition which has 4+# pull  minimum..., or 3# for those who want a lighter pull!

Sounds like they set yours up with the 4+# pull.  A standard spring (no bend) should bring your pull down to 3#

I have AS  TG's in all 3 of my AR's & love them!  Personaly.., I wouldn't use any other!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top