Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:49:30 PM EDT
with the MGI interchaneable barrel system, do you need a stamp for each "short barell" or just for the receiver.

Thanks,  tim
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
if you're intending to use it for that rifle then yes it would require a SBR tax stamp. But if the barrel were to be used for a pistol then it's a different story.

I also think if you bought the shorter barrel and had it stored with the rifle and longer barrel that would still be interpreted by the BATF as conspiracy to create and/or own a SBR.

check the local laws and federal laws first. before you go any further.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#2]
No, the receiver is the SBR, not the barrel.  Once you Form 1 the receiver, you can have as many different short barrels as you like for that receiver.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Just the lower.. Needs to be registered as an SBR.. And engraved with your name, city and state after your F1 is approved..

Do it now.. You may have it back in January. My first NFA (SBR) took 88 days for approval. My M16 took 116 days once my dealer had it.. For it to get to me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just the lower.. Needs to be registered as an SBR.. And engraved with your name, city and state after your F1 is approved..

Do it now.. You may have it back in January. My first NFA (SBR) took 88 days for approval. My M16 took 116 days once my dealer had it.. For it to get to me.

Engrave your lower before doing the Form 1.  If the engraving process gets screwed up, you can still get rid of the lower.

If you engrave after the Form 1 is approved.  You run the chance of a screw up in the engraving and being "married" to a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You can engrave the barrel instead of the lower however you must engrave ALL barrels that will be used and not just one.  The reciever is the registered part but you do not have to engrave it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top