Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 3:16:56 PM EDT
going to get another ar at the show this weekend - anyone have experience with olympic arms? they usually have a pretty good selection as they are made not too far away.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah they make good stuff just function test it before you buy it.. we have the dixie gun show thisweekend down in nc trying to save atleast 200$ for this weekend
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
going to get another ar at the show this weekend - anyone have experience with olympic arms? they usually have a pretty good selection as they are made not too far away.

thanks

A complete weapon or parts?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Good stuff.  I have no problems with the 2 I have.  There are many here that hate the manufacturer.

Max
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
looking to buy a complete rifle, probably as close to a straight a2 config as possible. i heard they used to use cast receivers but now all are forged(?) at any rate, they have a lifetime waranty and are right down the street.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Atarian, if you are going to Puyallup I would caution you about one of the Olympic Arms competitors that usually has a table there, I am not going to name names, because they eventually made things right with me, but it took months to straighten the mess out, I would have no qualms dealing with the Olympic Arms table, however for some of the others, proceed with extreme caution.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want an Oly go at it.  There are reasons that  dealers rarely sell their products in the EE.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

thanks

Oly will have a table this weekend.  They will answer questions you might have.  My first AR was the Oly PCR99 16".  Damn good weapon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#8]
the oly my friend picked up about a year before the ban died has been nothing but trouble.

sheared carrier key bolts
snapped firing pin
broken bolt catch
broken bolt lugs
snapped sear
pinned muzzle brake working loose and effecting accuracy and safety

all this with low round count

i will say this, he got it for dirt cheap!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my Oly... Funnest gun I own..........
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#10]
My Oly K3B has been reliable and very accurate.  I wouldn't hesitate to get another one except I already have a Bushy, and Oly and a RRA/FN hybred so I really can't justify any more AR's at the moment.  But, after 29 years of marriage, mortgages, children etc. I am so close to getting totally out of debt that it feels even better than getting a new AR.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top