Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 2:44:34 PM EDT
I'm thinking about a Recce/Recon build in the future and was wondering if most of you guys with Recce/SPR builds are using 2-stage triggers (ie. RRA, CMC, Knights etc.) I currently have the factory single stage setup on my Bushy M4gery which I am satisfied with. I do have an extra stripped lower which I plan on building but I'm debating whether to drop a 2-stager in for this Recce build. Please share your thoughts, experiences or concerns.......Thanks, D
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
+1.  I know the arguments against "match" triggers, but it seems to me that a non-adjustible 2-stage is a viable option for a weapon capable of long range accuracy.

for example, is the knights worth 120 bucks more than RRA??
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am running one Armalite and two RRA 2-stage triggers.  I highly recommend them over a stock 8lb trigger, or any magical spring fixes.  

It will be hard to get the accuracy potential from your rifle with a heavy factory trigger.  You can do it, but it is much harder.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a RRA 2-stage in my SPR and the lower I have built for my RECCE build also has a RRA 2-stage.  They are very nice.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
i have a recon that i built and it ahs the chipmccormick two stage and kns pins

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I run an LMT two stage in my RECCE type rifle, but there isn't enough rounds through it to make any difference, though.  I run a JP in my SPR type rifle also, with around 500 rounds through it so far and it runs fine.  I did have one adjusting setscrew walk out and disable the JP once, but when I tore it apart, there was no Loctite holding it in, so I fixed that and haven't had any issue since.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
M1 Garands and M14s had 2 stage triggers, and reliability wasnt an issue. All my ARS have 2 stage triggers.

Not to mention all those K98s, M1903s, and M1917s.

I laugh every time I hear the ignorant coments about two-stage triggers being unsuitable for combat.

I guess some people can't differentiate between a finicky, fully adjustable two stage and one made w/o adjustments and tough enough for combat.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Now, is there a two-stage trigger for Colt???
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#10]
i have at least 3-4k through one of my two-stage cmc

not a single problem
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
+1.  I know the arguments against "match" triggers, but it seems to me that a non-adjustible 2-stage is a viable option for a weapon capable of long range accuracy.

Yes it is wrth the extra money.  I wont buy a trigger other than KAC 2 stage.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I think I'm going with the RRA 2-stage for my Recce/Recon build..nice pic and thanks everyone for the helpful info..D
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks, I think I'm going with the RRA 2-stage for my Recce/Recon build..nice pic and thanks everyone for the helpful info..D

Make sure you send it to John Holliger at White Oak Precision for his tune up.  Best $35 (including postage) you will ever spend on your rifle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I use a RRA two stage on my SAM-R clone.  So far so good.  I think that a two-stage is a must for maximizing the potential of an accurate rifle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#16]
1500 rounds through an Armalite 2-stage trigger.  It was gritty in the first stage at first.  After 400-500 rounds it smoothed out.  Happy with it and will buy another.

I'd stay away from all the uber-adustable triggers for a tatical/truck gun.  Their performace is probably worth the price, but i follow the Keep It Simple rule.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is worth the extra money.  I wont buy a trigger other than KAC 2 stage.

Ditto on that!  I have a  KAC 2 stage on my SPR.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is worth the extra money.  I wont buy a trigger other than KAC 2 stage.

Ditto on that!  I have a  KAC 2 stage on my SPR.

+1, a KAC rides in my SPR, AR10 (when I get around to installing it), and in my M16.  I've tried most all of them.  The CMC and LMT are left for me to try.  I use an RRA in my homebuilt, it was a good value in line with that rifle's mission.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yes it is wrth the extra money.  I wont buy a trigger other than KAC 2 stage.

+1. The KAC is easily the best 2-stage I have seen in a semi-auto rifle and worth the money at least to me.

ETA: Anyone know a good source for another KAC 2-stage? Chime in, I need one for my next lower.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:51:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Daddy, how does that work with the RRA two stage and White Oak precision?  Can you buy the trigger from them?  when you have them "tweak" it, do you have to send your lower??
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:20:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure you send it to John Holliger at White Oak Precision for his tune up.  Best $35 (including postage) you will ever spend on your rifle.

you could just buy one that is already tuned by woa from bigbore@ adcofirearms
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#22]
whats the tuning process do?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#23]
i got all 3 of mine from WES at MSTN
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Daddy, how does that work with the RRA two stage and White Oak precision?  Can you buy the trigger from them?  when you have them "tweak" it, do you have to send your lower??

You can buy an already tuned trigger from WOP, or you can remove the trigger from your rifle, send it for the job, and reinstall.  It's dead simple to do.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you could just buy one that is already tuned by woa from bigbore@ adcofirearms

Yep, he could do that too.  However, if he already has a two-stage trigger in his rifle, the only reasonable option is to send it for a tune up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
whats the tuning process do?

Cleans up the contact surfaces to eliminate any creep, and reduces the overall pull to either 4 1/2 lbs (for service rifle shooting), or to as low as John thinks he can go (for all other precision rifle use).
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm going with a CMC when I build mine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm going with a CMC when I build mine.

i love the ones i have
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top