Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:20:09 AM EDT
OK maybe not a first real build, but putting a complete lower and complete upper together.

I was looking into getting a cav arms for my kid, but now i'm thinking about getting a complete lower and complete upper and putting together an M4 type rifle for him, and in the process save me a couple bucks instead of buying a complete rifle.

I found on the EE a guy selling complete mega lowers for $225. He seems to have the cheapest prices on lowers but I don't know anything positive or negative about mega. I was probably going to mate it to a RRA or upper or maybe a stag.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#1]
MEGA lowers have a very good reputation.

The only issue AFAIK has been some had tight magwells.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#2]
IMO and in my expierence, Mega is a great lower. I used (and am using) one on my first (and only ) build. They finish is very nice and very dark black and it's teflon coated. And for $89 shipped on the EE, you can't really beat it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
they are Good to go
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#4]
They are great! Cav Arms is better if your gonna get a pistol Cal upper. They have a wider magwell.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
they have worked great for me
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a good choice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Mega has always been a quality product for me.  I use Carricoz Armory for my Megas, as he has always been great to deal with.  If you are getting a stock along with the lower, make sure it is a decent one, and not one of the Tapco Chinese versions.....

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The only issue I have found with my Mega Lowers was when I tried to install a RRA 2-stage trigger.  The rear portion of the trigger was rubbing (and consequently making a very very rough trigger pull) against the interior of the lower on the right side.  Nothing do to but a little sanding of the trigger and all is well.

As for having a tight magwell, all 40 of my mags work without problems in both my Mega Lowers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]
That settles it!!
Thanks for the info fellas!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
love all 5 of my MEGAs

+1 for clinton at carricozarmory.com

i have one that has a tight mag well--but its tight only on certain mags
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top