Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:14:09 AM EDT
As a left-hander, I used the standard M16A1 (wrong side) safety for my time in the Army, and can similarly get by with that same safety (less one setting, of course) on my Colt LE6920.

Have read enough to think that I'd at least like to try out an ambidextrous safety, like I have on all my 1911's, where it's not an option for me.  

Can any of you recommend a good ambi safety for my carbine, please?  I've been through the archives, but there doesn't seem to be hardly any info that I've been able to find on it.  

Thanks and best regards.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Redfisher, thanks very much, I'll give them a try and order one.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Drop in a saftey on the other side.  If you aren't going to use both sides, its just more to hang up on things....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got a couple of Stag Arms ambi selector and they're great.

It feels smoother and tighter on my Colt 6721 than my other no-name brand ambi selector.

The fastener for the right side lever is flush unlike other brands that the fastener head sticks out (pan head).

You could contact a seller named Teknic at the Equipment Exchange boards of this site.

They're also available direct from the Stag Arms website.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top