Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:36:30 PM EDT
I'm looking for an AR to shoot across the course, I know this has been asked 100000 times before.
But. I'm looking for something to shoot bullets 60+ Grains or (70+ Grains).  I have been told that 1:7 twist is the way to go. (Who sells a 1:7 twist off the rack?)  Also, will a 1:8 be OK with heavy bullets bullets or not?
Bushmaster or what?

Thanks for the help, sorry for the stupid question

BearMan  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have questions of this nature, always consult the great Ammo Oracle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
60+ grains will be ok with a bushmaster 1/9 twist, when you shoot 70+ a 1/7 twist would work better, Colt would work there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
60+ grains will be ok with a bushmaster 1/9 twist, when you shoot 70+ a 1/7 twist would work better, Colt would work there.

Bushmaster also offers 1/7 bbls. Just call them for availibility.

You could also get a CMMG upper with a 1/7 4150 bbl as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I just shot 68 Grain Black Hills Match out of my 1/9. Good groupings. I also went down to a 40 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip (Plastic) that also held good groups. Granted, the POI was about 6 inches off, but good groups.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top