Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 1:41:50 PM EDT
I found a gun I want to buy, and the only place I've been able to find it is at Atlantic Firearms on the net.  I've called them several times but I just get a voice recording.  I left a message a few days ago, but still no responce.  Anyone know how I can get in touch with this place so I can place an order??

Has anyone else seen this gun for sale on at an internet gun retailers site?  

It's an Olympic Arms K16 with a FIRSH handguard and picatinny gas block.  Atlantic has it advertised for $689.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=35

Where else can I buy this gun?  I've seen the K16 other places, but not the one with the FIRSH hardguard.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35711173

There you go, but it is Atlantic that is selling the rifle.

Sorry, not the handguards you are looking for.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
save your money and buy from the EE here on the board.  You'll save money putting it together yourself and you'll ask fewer stupid questions down the line when something goes wrong.  

That particular rifle has NO sights.  NONE.  IT does not come with a carry handle or an iron sight for that front gas block.  That is a very oddball setup- having a 16" barrel, no muzzle device, carbine handguards and a full length buttstock.  it's a frankenstein.  you are going to at minimum, immediately want to buy:
1. handguard covers
2. vfg
3. iron backup sights
4. red dot sight
5. mags
6. god knows how many magazines...

I'm not saying you should buy all of that or need it, buy you will probably want it all after you buy that rifle.  

you would be better off getting a complete RRA midlength
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I would love to buy all the parts and put a rifle together, but I just don't see the savings.   Every time I start adding the price of parts up.....it's just about the same as buying one.  At least it will have a warrenty if something major breaks. Right?

I'm not looking for a tactical carbine to patrol the neighborhood with hing
I know that rifle doesn't have any sights, I was going to mount a scope on it anyways.  Red Dot's are great for close range, but I'm going to be shooting this at 100-200yds, so a good scope is in order, a RedDot just won't cut it.  I know it doesn't come with a carry handle, why would I need one?  I'll just use a sling.  I was planning on using this more as a target/varmint rifle anyways.

I'm new to AR's, so I'm up for any suggests you may have.  

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
try email, i got a response the same day.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Blaine calls back whenever you leave him a message.  He is good people.  I will do business with Atlanticfirearms again.

Max
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]
sounds like the right rifle for you then.  20" service length might be better for just simple target shooting- along with regular handguards.  I know, I know, freefloat handguards are better for accuracy, but that barrel, especially at 16" is nothing special.  You'd get the same accuracy out of a 20" bushmaster barrel with standard handguards, non free float.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top