Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2005 10:24:10 AM EDT
It looks like it just pops in. I am not very mechanically inclined, but I wondered if this is something I should attempt myself?
I guess I can just bring it to the gunsmith if I screw it up........any input appreciated....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Any moron can in fact install the 2stage trigger.  Follow the included instructions, but primarily pay attention to how your stock trigger "comes out" i.e. the configuration of the springs, relation of hammer and sear.  Also, the instructions are a little hazy on the safety removal and insertion, but if you take your time eveything should be fine.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#2]
no, only those "special" morons.

-jls7
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not any moron, I'm pretty speshul, but I did it and it took me about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#4]
easy.

there is a tacked thread in the biy forum that would aid you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep this photo in my archive to illustrate what has to be done when an out of spec RRA two-stage trigger doesn't clear the selector when the trigger is pulled. You'll need to grind the portion below the arrow. I have had at least two RRA two-stage triggers that required this modification to work in Colt rifles. I hope the do-it-yourselfers find this valuable.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU GRIND TOO MUCH, YOU RISK THE RIFLE BEING ABLE TO FIRE WITH THE SAFETY ON!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#6]
git r done
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all I'm gonna go for it!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top