Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:28:30 AM EDT
I am thinking maybe a car15 variant. All I need is a a1 upper, bolt group, delta ring set, triangular carbine handguards, car15 stock(4-pos) and a2 fsb. its not alot of stuff to get but.............. not very far away............. please some input for me for this happy new build this week.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Go for it! I just built this CAR15 variant not to long ago.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
You could build a 11.5+5 carbine .
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]
My last build started out with the below barrel...... then the upper...... and the next thing you know, its another CAR15 clone sitting in the safe.

The Triceratops was just there for moral support.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]
hey stick, what does the carbine triangular HG use to mount? does it use a standard delta ring?on the pic you have up there it looks like you have some sort of FF barrel nut.

I want to build something like this here.

that barrel I have is a 11.5 and the FH is 5.5

I think I am going to send it off to have it reprofiled at ar15barrels.com. underneath the HG it gets really heavy under there. I am going to have it penciled out. I like light carbeaners, so the heavy bbl is not going to cut it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#5]
You should sell me that barrel is it's a 16in 1/7 twist Hbar

No seriously you should

Sounds like you have yer mind made up on wht to do with it. Do what makes you happy, not what we want you to do with it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#7]
no, its a 11.5 1-9 twist hbar. I was just getting some other ideas before I committed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My last build started out with the below barrel...... then the upper...... and the next thing you know, its another CAR15 clone sitting in the safe.

The Triceratops was just there for moral support.

www.airforcesecuritypolice.com/invisionboard/uploads/post-3-1117440244.jpg

I noticed the .625 FSB, what kind of barrel is that ?

PS:  The Triceratops looks kinda upset.

No markings on the barrel, so I'm not sure.  As far as the Triceractops, I don't think he had any coffee yet that morning.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
the delta ring is what you are thinking is for a free float barrel.  that's a straight slip ring.  that's old school.  you know stick is old school, don't you?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
.......  that's a straight slip ring.  that's old school.  ......

If I am not mistaken, only the original SP1's (R6600,  R6601) have the 'straight' sliprings

That would definitely qualify for "old school"  

Source- Biggerhammer.net
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top