Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:49:24 AM EDT
I have been trying to figure out which AR I would like to buy.  I had it settled with a Colt 6920HB, but then I came across the Knights SR-15.  I like both, but unfortunately cant afford both.  Can knights build a SR-15 with the M4 Profile 16" heavy barrel?  Decisions Decisions!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't say why you want either weapon, so how is anyone supposed to give an honest answer?  Neither of those will do anything that other AR15s won't.  

With that price range, I would buy a Bushie 16" A3 and a Colt 6920, then enjoy both.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Just my preference brother...Just like yours could be Bushmaster or Hitec, who knows?  Anyway, I need some HELPFUL feedback.  Is the Knights better made, better options...Could I expect tighter tolerances, better accuracy?  This AR is just a shooter, something to shoot targets, possible few carbine classes, who knows...Just an all around gun.  Opinions Please!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The Colt, as well as the Knight's, will be more accurate than you are, so that shouldn't worry you.

People seem to speak highly of the Colt 6920's on here, but I haven't heard much about the Knight's.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Stick gave you a very good opinion. If you're "preference" is spending WAY too much money on a rifle to go punch paper go right ahead but like Stick said a Bushy will do that very well for less than half the price. Neither the KAC or 6920HB are going to be some super accurate weapon that will instantly make you a 1/4" group shooting god at the range. A Bushy is a great all around gun as is a regular LE6920 but it seems like you just want to spend 2 G's on a rifle to be special.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Yall sure do plenty of bashing on here huh...I DO NOT WANT A BUSHMASTER, THIS IS NOT MY FIRST AR.  THIS IS NOT MY FIRST TIME TO FIRE A WEAPON.  AND WHEN I DO SIR I MIGHT ADD I CAN HOLD MY OWN.  I dont care if cost 10 (G's) I want a heavy barrel with M4 profile.  I apologize that im in a situation where I can afford one or the other.  All I wanted was some opionions of THOSE two brands NO OTHERS...Just cuse your a regular though we will let your ignorance slide.  Thanks for your post though.  Hey you did add to your post numbers though YAYWhy does someone buy a Fullauto?  Why do people buy Porsche?  Why do people use Callaway vs Titleist?????
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you are the one showing ignorance. Jackass. We simply tried to tell you that you could buy exactly want you want cheaper than the price of a Knights rifle. If you are allready so set on getting one just buy the damn thing. Hell buy both rifles if you dont care if it costs 10 G's. You posted a question yet listed none of the uses you intended for the rifle yet acted bothered and annoyed at Stickman's post which was merely trying to get an idea of what you needed in the rifle. We probably woud have been more helpful and maybe even searched for some options for you if your second post didn't seem like you were a 16 year old moron.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have been trying to figure out which AR I would like to buy.  I had it settled with a Colt 6920HB, but then I came across the Knights SR-15.  I like both, but unfortunately cant afford both.  Can knights build a SR-15 with the M4 Profile 16" heavy barrel?  Decisions Decisions!!!

Buy the 6921 14.5 barrel  m4 colt    www.sawlesales.com gets them in from time to time.   The closest thing to the real m4 carbine minus full auto. I've got one love it!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Doesn't the 6921 need to be registered as a SBR?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Doesn't the 6921 need to be registered as a SBR?

Yes  or have a longer flashider  pinned and welded in place .
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yall sure do plenty of bashing on here huh...I DO NOT WANT A BUSHMASTER, THIS IS NOT MY FIRST AR.  THIS IS NOT MY FIRST TIME TO FIRE A WEAPON.  AND WHEN I DO SIR I MIGHT ADD I CAN HOLD MY OWN.  I dont care if cost 10 (G's) I want a heavy barrel with M4 profile.  I apologize that im in a situation where I can afford one or the other.  All I wanted was some opionions of THOSE two brands NO OTHERS...Just cuse your a regular though we will let your ignorance slide.  Thanks for your post though.  Hey you did add to your post numbers though YAY

Why does someone buy a Fullauto?  Why do people buy Porsche?  Why do people use Callaway vs Titleist?????

Dude, Stickman is one of those BTDT-type guys.

He's not here to bullshit you. He was just offering a suggestion.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Get a Bushmaster and spend the leftover money on mags, ammo, or other accessories or donate the leftover cash to a worthy cause.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#12]
He doesn't want a Bushy. He's too good for one. Mybe KAC will gold plate an AR for him. I mean he doesn't care if it costs 10g's. Stickman is one of the most knowledgable and helpful guys on the AR forums but his advice was just not "HELPFUL".
Luckiduc13
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
If He wants a HB he could do a 6721.  But If the M4 cut is manditory the colt would be the most trouble-free option
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yall sure do plenty of bashing on here huh...I DO NOT WANT A BUSHMASTER, THIS IS NOT MY FIRST AR.  THIS IS NOT MY FIRST TIME TO FIRE A WEAPON.  AND WHEN I DO SIR I MIGHT ADD I CAN HOLD MY OWN.  I dont care if cost 10 (G's) I want a heavy barrel with M4 profile.  I apologize that im in a situation where I can afford one or the other.  All I wanted was some opionions of THOSE two brands NO OTHERS...Just cuse your a regular though we will let your ignorance slide.  Thanks for your post though.  Hey you did add to your post numbers though YAY

Why does someone buy a Fullauto?  Why do people buy Porsche?  Why do people use Callaway vs Titleist?????

Dude, Stickman is one of those BTDT-type guys.

He's not here to bullshit you. He was just offering a suggestion.

WIZZO

WIZZO,

Don't bother.  If he couldn't understand my first reply, then everything else was pointless.  He isn't asking a legit question, he is looking for fluff and someone to stroke his ego.  

When people can't make sense in their own posts, insults are always sure to follow.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Whats wrong with a Bushmaster?  Its the same gun as a 6920 and you wil have $$ left over for ammo.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

1. The Colt 6920HB was a limited production rifle form Specialized Armament. They are sold out. Not sure if there will be any more ever. If you are talking about the Colt 6921HB ...
2. KAC does not offer a SR-15 with M4 profle 16" heavy barrel. KAC

I would not go with the Colt or the SR-15 but that was not the question ...

Walli
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Walli, Thanks for the link.  I have been trying knightsarmament.com and it wouldnt work and I could find the correct one.  I looked for the sr-15 with m4 profile and couldnt find one either, but I seen a few pictures before and it came with the carbine rails and everything.  I shot them an email about it.  Only thing I can figure is it was a SR-16 that I saw.  I had already had my mind made up that I was getting a Colt and I dont see why people are saying dont get that when you can get a bushmaster???  But anyhow.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Personally I would not get the 6920 with a heavy barrel. The regular M4 profile is fine.

And the KAC will not offer you anything the Colt doesn't. Except the name perhaps. They do make a model with the M4 barrel, I'm just not sure they have enough to sell to non-govt buyers at the moment.

So IMHO the answer is get a regular 6920 and be happy.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Have you considered a Bushmaster?
h=85%

Quoted:
Yall sure do plenty of bashing on here huh...I DO NOT WANT A BUSHMASTER, THIS IS NOT MY FIRST AR.  THIS IS NOT MY FIRST TIME TO FIRE A WEAPON.  AND WHEN I DO SIR I MIGHT ADD I CAN HOLD MY OWN.  I dont care if cost 10 (G's) I want a heavy barrel with M4 profile.  I apologize that im in a situation where I can afford one or the other.  All I wanted was some opionions of THOSE two brands NO OTHERS...Just cuse your a regular though we will let your ignorance slide.  Thanks for your post though.  Hey you did add to your post numbers though YAYhy
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Personally I would not get the 6920 with a heavy barrel. The regular M4 profile is fine.

And the KAC will not offer you anything the Colt doesn't. Except the name perhaps. They do make a model with the M4 barrel, I'm just not sure they have enough to sell to non-govt buyers at the moment.

So IMHO the answer is get a regular 6920 and be happy.

I would agree with Lancelot

I have a couple of the LE 6920's and can attest to the capability of them without the extra weight of the HBAR.

Granted the HB version has some collector value, but sounds like you are looking for a shooter, and that Colt model is nails.

You'll love it!

Here is a great source - Good guy - 100% reliable and price is right

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#22]
knesekgun.com has listed KAC SR-15 E3 Carbines!?! I did not know that these rifles are available yet!

Walli
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Yea your right about the 6920HB , the price is because so little were made.  Im not in it for collectors side, so I am leaning towards the normal 6920 but still researching the KAC carbine.  Thanks.

PS The main reason Im not after a bushmaster is cuse all my buddies have bushies and Ive always been a die hard colt fan.  Maybe soon a KAC fan!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Lucki:
Stick was just trying to find out what the purpose of the rifle was going to be.  Your title just asked what we thought, so don't get excited when you get exactly that right back.  You're going to run into a lot of ABC defenders who have some very good reasons for supporting their brand.  Don't listen to the Oly-philes, they ride the short bus .
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#25]
http://www.impactguns.com/store/KMC-98072.html

Check this site out if you didnt think Knights made one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top