User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2005 4:46:16 AM EDT

The "LK" in front of the rear sight.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It is the forge marking of the company or plant that did the original forging

The LK is for "FN / Kaiser" - probably your question - but I asked a similar question about this one below, and was informed mine was a Cerro mark.

Check additional information HERE - Biggerhammer.net:  upper markings
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I want to know what the LK means.  I couldn't find much about upper markings in the search option.  But, it says that FN / Kaiser makes it in the link you sent me.  TY
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, I want to know what the LK means.  I couldn't find much about upper markings in the search option.  But, it says that FN / Kaiser makes it in the link you sent me.  TY

I updated my response for you

found it at Biggerhammer.net

HTH
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]
sorry.

I cant say I have seen an FN carry handle. Is yours mounted on an FN upper or FN weapon?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
It's on a Bushmaster lower.  The barrel is stamped "B MP  5.56 NATO 1/9 H BAR" and this is on the front sight post.  It's an R with a crown.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#6]
To Copelc the LK mark with the  "R" crown on the FSB is probably Bushmaster assembled parts.Forge Im not sure but im almost 100% sure it came from Bushmaster.I have an FK,BK and keyhole for A2 uppers with the"R" crown on the FSB and a DK A1 with the same"R" crown on the FSB.I know the DK was a diemaco upper that came through Bushmaster.Also Bushmaster uppers are usually grey baked dry lube on the inside does yours have this as well?What is stamped in the top of the barrel past the front sight base?is it BMP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR..if so then definately Bushmaster assembled.They make their own barrels and now machine their BFI marked lowers but everything else I beleive is subcontracted parts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top