Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:56:20 PM EDT
Im thinking of getting one of these, anyone have one, how do you like it??? Any complaints?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 20" and it's great. Scoped it with a Leupold 6.5 X 20 and Mark 4 rings. Got a 2-stage Jewell trigger. It is heavy though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask RodeoFan how his shoots.

I don't know of anyone having a good one.............. because they have all been excellent.

Heavier than an AR-10(T)...........but, excellent.

Dave S
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a 24" Bushmaster Vmatch.   Tack driver, but too big, too heavy for me.

It was my 1st AR, I shot it the least, and finally sold the upper.

I think a 20" does it fine for a 5.56mm - if you want longer range, get a bigger caliber to go with it.

My $0.02
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
ok thanks guys for the help, ill prolly just end up getting a 20 cause my buddy's also got a BM varminter, and youre right its heavy.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Given the performance of the 5.56mm round, I've actually gone to gov't profile A2 20" barrels for my 20's, and then picked up a Remington 700 PSS in .300rum for some real long distance action.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I own the RRA with a 24" barrel and love it. I will shoot 2 1/2" groups at 400 yards with 77 grain hand loads. Yes it is heavy I use it off the bench or prone for varmints and targets. It is what it is. If your looking for light weight don't get any varmint rifle. However, if you are looking for accuracy this is a great choice. Using the RRA Varminter lower and the same scope, (6.6-20 Leupold) my M16A4 20" upper shoots 6" groups at 400 yards. Depends on what you want to do with the rifle. You can allways buy a light weight upper. I'm keeting my RRA.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a RRA 24" 1/12 twist for doggin this spring and it was amazing out west! Did a a little load tuning and got 1/2 groups from it. Heavy...yes but very smooth recoil as compared to the bushmaster varmint 24". My buddy has Bushy and shoots no where near as good or as smooth. Plus he had to instal RRA trigger in his as Bushy stock trigger sucked big  time. Excellent fit/finish, very tight lockup of upper/lower. Worth every penny.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top