Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 4:57:50 PM EDT
... for AR parts? I'm pretty sure they built my bull barrelled upper a few years ago, but I'm not sure if the name is exactly right. I DO know it had "Georgia" in it though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
There are 2 of them

One is a precision shooter supply outfit and the other is one with very mixed reviews

One great one not
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There are 2 of them

One is a precision shooter supply outfit and the other is one with very mixed reviews

One great one not

Ah, okay. I never had a problem with my upper. They forgot to tighten the gasblock screws down, but I took care of that. It shoots great. To be honest, I bought it, it sat in my gun cabinet for a year while I saved up for a scope. I mounted the scope and put around 40 rounds through it. A year and a half later, I joined a gun club and finally had a place to SHOOT it. So I brought a few boxes of ammo with me. I load up a 20 rnd. mag and shoot at 100 yards. That damn thing was 1 1/2" high at 100 yards and dead on left/right!! So I shot like three, three shot groups and put it away. I was very impressed. It has a DPMS barrel on it, so maybe that helped with the accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are 2 of them

One great one not

Not exactly correct. This is a very common misconception. Georgia Precision is (or was) a vendor operation (ammo, gear, etc.) which at one time was well thought of but has lately fallen into ill repute.

G.A Precision (G.A. standing for Gnat's Ass) is an altogether different operation out of Kansas City. The principal is George Gardner who enjoys, quite deservedly, a splendid reputation for building hyper-precise rifles.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]
saving now or a GA precision Rifle!!!!hippie.gif
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Georgia Precision Shooters Supply, besides selling parts and ammo did build and sell some hella precision AR's but went down in flames due to poor business practice.  In fact, I'm still waiting on about $900 to be refunded to me after only over a year and a half.  Still trying to get it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top