Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:26:43 PM EDT
I purchased a new Colt barrel from Specialized Armament and I didn't know that the sling swivel was not included. Even though Ken offered to install one for me, I thought I try Colt to see if they'd do it and to my surprise they did, and did it for free including the swivel and rivet. It took them about two weeks including shipping to and from them so all in all I'm very pleased with their customer service.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt has done right by me twice.  Once for a 20" barrel and the other time for a .22lr conversion kit.  

I like my Colts, but I also equally like my Bushmasters, PWA, etc.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in 1992 or so my local FFL convinced me that the extractor and spring in my two Colt 6601s needed to be replaced every 5000 rounds. Being a foolish newbie (this was long before I started working for Colt) I agreed and had him change them out.

To make a long story short I immediately started having major extraction problems with one of them. After a couple months of troubleshooting I contacted Colt and sent them the rifle. Within a week I got a call and they traced the problem to a non-OEM extractor and spring. Not only did they replace the extractor and spring at no charge but they also sent me two spares-one for each rifle.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top