Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 4:16:58 PM EDT
There was a slight mix up in the handguard I received from G&R Tactical.  Ordered a 7.0, got a 9.0.  Needless to say it wouldn't fit my 11.5" barreled upper.  I didn't look at the number on the handguard at first, and thought that was as short as LaRue handguards came.  First thought was to have a friend with a lathe make it work for me.  Talked with him about it and he said it might be a pretzel when it came out if something caught while it was turning.  After much discussing on how to remedy the problem, I looked at the number on the handguard (pulled head out of a**) and it said 9.0.  

Called G&R and they said send it back and we'll exchange it.  Yesterday I was about o do just that, but then I remembered that I would be in Austin Friday anyway.  So called and talked to Mike Early at LaRue, and he said come on by and exchange it.  

They are out in the country - cows and pasture all around.  I met Mike and he showed a friend and I around the place.  I got to see and play with all kinds of cool stuff.  I got to see there new AR-10 handrail,  a new mount - it mounts an aimpoint magnifier behind an Eotec,  and play with there new battlelight (the light body is part of the mount, LED, 100 lumens, and comes with an extra body so you can take off the head and tailcap and make a handheld flashlight all for $250!).  Thay also showed me their new throw levers on all their new mounts.  When the throw lever is closed it has a spring loaded "cap" on the end of it that locks onto a protrusion from the base.  You have to pull out on the end of it in order to release the lever.  No chance of dumping that $500+ plus optic now. I also got to meet the man himself Mark LaRue and he showed us around as well.  He took us over to the other shop to see where they make their sniper targets.

All I can say is that we are very thankful we got to see the shop where many a fine product comes out of.  We went onto run other - less important - errands after spending 45 minutes drooling and conversing with our graciuos hosts.  They sent us on our way with shirts, hats, and "field survival devices".

Thank you Mark LaRue and Mike Early.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They sent us on our way with shirts, hats, and "field survival devices".

Knives?  Those guys sound pretty cool.  When I ever get around to building a more practical AR than what I have now, it will likely have a lot of their stuff on it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]

I've had the pleasure of meeting Mark LaRue.

Great guy, great products.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
talked to him and he sounded like a great guy to meet!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Those devices wouldn't be those uber-tactical armadillo bottle openers with the quick release mechanism, would they?

I love my Larue products and like them even more knowing that they come from a friendly company.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice!!! I have dealt with both Mike and Mark and they are A+++ in my book.  I think I may have to go visit my half-brother in Texas as an excuse to check out their place.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Another excellent example of LaRue taking care of the customer.

You think Dick would show us around the facility in Mass. if we dropped by?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Those devices wouldn't be those uber-tactical armadillo bottle openers with the quick release mechanism, would they?

I love my Larue products and like them even more knowing that they come from a friendly company.

I love my monster armadillo:

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#8]
where in texas???
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
talked to him and he sounded like a great guy to meet!

I had to miss that opportunity.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
travc,

North of Austin near Leander.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I met both Mark LaRue and Mike Early at the last Shot show, and have had the pleasure of speaking with Mike on numerous occasions since then. Absolutely Great people!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top