Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 3:05:44 PM EDT
Anybody out there ever build up one of the rifle kits from Model 1? I'm looking at building up a flat-top in 7.62X39 on a RRA lower. Any thoughts on the durability of their products? I'm not planning to drag the thing off to 'the Stan,' but I will likely use it for tactical 3-gun competition along with the other, usual activities.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Never built one of their kits, but I bought a B&C from them, and have had zero complaints with it!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly what is a 'B&C?'

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Exactly what is a 'B&C?'

Thanks

B&C is the common abreviation for "Bolt and Carrier".  Abreviated as such, because they are usually bought together.  B&C implies a complete bolt, gas key staked on the carrier, and firing pin too.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of thier M4 uppers, I finally had my first malfunction a few days ago. After the many thousands of rounds I put through it, and what little cleaning I did, I expected to have a malfunction sooner. I am impressed with the upper. Ran as good as any colt, bushmaster, or RRA I own.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a 16" M4 profile kit with chrome lined barrel back in March, and built it with a RRA stripped lower.  I've only fired about 700 rounds through it, but I've had no malfunctions at all with the exception of the fact that the bolt catch fails to hold the bolt back on the last round in a mag sometimes.  I was more than satisified with fit and finish.  And it's accurate enough for me (at 300 yards, 4" groups with 62 grain American Eagle and 3" groups with PMC and Black Hills 69 grain Sierra Matchkings).  As stated above there are numerous posts about Model 1, which I have read extensively to help me make my decision, which I don't regret at all (at least not yet....).  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to admit to having bought some parts from them a while back- I was looking for some low buck arts to finish up a low budget build.  I figured for as small an order as I was placing I'd give them a shot.  Parts seem fine, shipping was extremeley quick and packing was decent.  

If you are worried, I can whole heartedly recomend Del-Ton and also J&T- I've bought stuff from both of them and had no problems at all.  Del-Ton is especially helpful and friendly to deal with.  If you don't see what you want just shoot them an e-mail and they probably have it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top