Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:23:29 PM EDT
I've run across a 16" pre-ban carbine (A2 flash hider and sights, bayo lug) from Sendra Corp, Barrington, IL. Model is XM15E2. What can anyone tell about this? Is it a good carbine, junk, or in between? Any guess on approximate value in about 90% condition? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sendra = Drasen = Nesard = M & A parts. long evolution from the beginning to today

Quality back then was ok, parts guns,

they had issues with the law some time ago I dont recall the whole story

I'd go for it if the price was right
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd buy it for the historical value of the lower if nothing else.
They are all pre-ban IRRC.
They will never be made again.

Does it have a funky purple-ish tint to the lower?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The lower has a purplish tint around the mag well opening, and at the rear just above the grip. I didn't know if it was wear, discoloration, or what it was. That was why I said 90% condition. No wear on the bolt or bolt carrier, bore is perfect, looks like it's almost in unfired condition. Old style 4-position collapsible stock, and all the A-2 features. Seral # is 073XX. Has an M-16 bolt carrier, but all the fire control parts are AR15.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The purple tint is because they had some issues with their anodizing IRRC.

I would just treat it like any other cobbled together AR whose parts you have no idea of where
they came from and make an offer accordingly.

May have somewhat of a higher value to someone in a pre-ban/post-ban state as Troy states above.

I stand corrected on the all pre-ban statement, I just remembered it all going down at about the
same time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
If the serial # can be looked up and verified as manufactured before 9/13/94, us CT folks would eat it up.

We don't care too much about the "complete rifle" part... our law is worded differently.  A Bushmaster, however, is still worth its weight in gold here.  (Can't own Colts, you see....)

Anyhoo, expect to get $350-$400 for the lower if you sell to a ban state.

- BG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top