Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:47:36 PM EDT
I received my Magpul M93B stock today.  I want to thank bravocompany.com for the great service.  The stock is all I wanted it to be.  Very sturdy and it works like a dream.  The only problem I had was it took me a while to install the bugger.  The directions are a little difficult to follow but once I got it figured out it went together with ease.  Great product.  Looking forward to trying it at the range..  I'll post some before and after pics soon.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I received my Magpul M93B stock today.  I want to thank bravocompany.com for the great service.  The stock is all I wanted it to be.  Very sturdy and it works like a dream.  The only problem I had was it took me a while to install the bugger.  The directions are a little difficult to follow but once I got it figured out it went together with ease.  Great product.  Looking forward to trying it at the range..  I'll post some before and after pics soon.

Thanks again

Congrats. It took me a little while to install my first one and I even had to call Richard @ Magpul for a little help. I didn't want to break or damage anything.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
hurry with the pics
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Took me about 3 minutes once I found the right size shim

To me it was easier than torquing a damn spanner nut. That has to be my favorite feature of the entire stock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Put mine on today too.  Took me like 10 minutes to get the shims figured out.  I had a bit of plastic on the threads where it screws into the stock.  Took that out and it went fine.  Very simple after that, excellent design.  Cant decide if I like the single point sling or not.  
Super crappy, off angle shot.  Need to get some outdoor shots.  (makes the stock look slightly smaller than it is)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
johndel,

Set the stock for use with the armor on.

From there it is either deployed, or in admin mode.

I can't say enough about the attention to detail of the thing.

The guys at Bravo are genuine good people.

S-28

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:38:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
johndel,

Set the stock for use with the armor on.

From there it is either deployed, or in admin mode.

I can't say enough about the attention to detail of the thing.

The guys at Bravo are genuine good people.

S-28

I'll give it a try when I get home from work today..  Thanks for the tip.

Pics will come with it as well.

Nice Bushy Viper  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Took me about 3 minutes once I found the right size shim

To me it was easier than torquing a damn spanner nut. That has to be my favorite feature of the entire stock.

What shim did you use?  I had to use the biggest one to make everything fit nice a tight.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Put mine on today too.  Took me like 10 minutes to get the shims figured out.  I had a bit of plastic on the threads where it screws into the stock.  Took that out and it went fine.  Very simple after that, excellent design.  Cant decide if I like the single point sling or not.  
Super crappy, off angle shot.  Need to get some outdoor shots.  (makes the stock look slightly smaller than it is)
img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/ViperEH/rifle.jpg

Who cares about the picture!  That's a sweet rifle!

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:28:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What shim did you use?  I had to use the biggest one to make everything fit nice a tight.

IIRC, the only lowers that won't require shims are Colts. If I am remembering this incorrectly, then please let me know.

The shim or combination of shims necessary to mount the receiver extension will differ from lower to lower. The nice thing is Magpul now includes a wider variety of shim thicknesses so you're less likely to have to sand a shim to achieve the correct timing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Well here is the NEWEST pic.   I'm working on the before pic

And here is the BEFORE pic

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Your new stock is screaming for the strike plate.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top