Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/4/2005 2:25:23 PM EDT
Who, where and how much........

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
MagPul, in the industry forums, and it's not available yet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
www.uglyasthedevil.com

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.uglyasthedevil.com

Not for a sniper rifle. I will get one for my SPRMATCH.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Its the Magpul M95. Expected price to be around $225. Some may not think it looks good (I do ) but it is quite possibly the most adjustable stock the AR market has ever seen. I'll pick one up when they come out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that stock is pretty sweet. Any clue what it's gonna run? I would assume WELL over $175!?!?

MIssed the above by a couple seconds....thanks...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Do we have a time frame of when this bad boy is gonna be available?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]
How much is that going to weigh?  Looks heavy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.uglyasthedevil.com

Blanco_Diablo new-arguy

No way... that thing is going to kick ass when it comes out. Have you seen it yet? I did, I cant WAIT for one!

Too bloody big IMO...Bet it's heavy too...and Magpul stocks are also WAAAAAY too expensive for me. I'll stick with regular collapsable and fixed stocks.

You guys don't think the Magpul collapsable stocks (M92 is it?) are ugly??
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.uglyasthedevil.com

Blanco_Diablo new-arguy

No way... that thing is going to kick ass when it comes out. Have you seen it yet? I did, I cant WAIT for one!

Too bloody big IMO...Bet it's heavy too...and Magpul stocks are also WAAAAAY too expensive for me. I'll stick with regular collapsable and fixed stocks.

You guys don't think the Magpul collapsable stocks (M93 is it?) are ugly??

Nope!  They are the best stocks out there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.uglyasthedevil.com

Blanco_Diablo new-arguy

You guys don't think the Magpul collapsable stocks (M92 is it?) are ugly??

The M93 is not the prettiest stock out there but it is the most solid of any collapsable stock on the market - Vltor and the LMT SOPMOD included.  The folks who decide to buy the M95 are more than likely going to put it on a high-dollar rifle and want the function it provides despite the high cost.

Spooky

ETA - what those guys said - I'm just slow on the keyboard...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh, I'll stick with my A1 stock...cheaper and just as, if not more, solid.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I will second that!  It is a work of art.

Have you ever picked up an MSG90?  Weighs as much as an LMG.  This has all the same stock adjustments plus some other neat features and weighs no where near what a PSG1 or MSG90 stock weigh.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I still don't like it
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I still don't like it

Blanco, read my first sig line and memorize it so you still remember it when you grow up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ever see the M95 first hand? I have. It isn't to big and would almost consider it a work of art.

C4

Quoted:
I will second that!  It is a work of art.

Have you ever picked up an MSG90?  Weighs as much as an LMG.  This has all the same stock adjustments plus some other neat features and weighs no where near what a PSG1 or MSG90 stock weigh.

How heavy is it?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh, that wouldn't be bad at all.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Blanco, read my first sig line and memorize it so you still remember it when you grow up.

I think the majority of the people on the site should reread that quote twice a day.  Cool toys won't buy anyones way into shooting better.

Back on topic with the stock, I think it is going to make some people very happy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Looks like too much weight.  Some of us might as well be carrying M-1's...

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Who, where and how much........

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FROST18E/7194dd50.jpg

Get in line.......................................the back of the line.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I like it.  There are some AR match rifle stocks that have more degrees of motion, but they require tools for some or all of the adjustments.

The thumbwheel adjustments for comb height AND length of pull are excellent.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I want one for my AR10.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Looks like too much weight.  Some of us might as well be carrying M-1's...

Bear in mind, it's not meant for a M4 or pencil bbl carbine. It's designed for a DMR - something with a weighty bbl and fore end. Someone posted a link the other day to a rifle test (done at Blackwater) and the rifle it is currently being used on is a 6.5 Grendel DMR candidate.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I want one for my AR10.

Heck, I'm going to get an AR10 if I want the stock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
How heavy is it?

If Grant's estimation is correct, it weight approx. 16-17 oz.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
a 6.5 Grendel DMR candidate.

Intersting.........................interesting.......................................so will we now see a 6.5 craze, similiar to the 6.8 craze when it was rumored to be the next, hot military round.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I like what it looks like it can do - but I hope the cheekpiece goes up much higher than what is shown in the pic.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Intersting.........................interesting.......................................so will we now see a 6.5 craze, similiar to the 6.8 craze when it was rumored to be the next, hot military round.

Here is the article, scroll to the bottom.  The stock is great, and with the 19.5" barrel the rifle was perfectly balanced.

www.armedforcesjournal.com/blackwater/?s=2005_specs

I fired this rifle when AA was here for the NRA show.  We got to keep the rifle for two weeks before sending it back to to AA and it ran perfectly and was very accurate.    
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The folks who decide to buy the M95 are more than likely going to put it on a high-dollar rifle and want the function it provides despite the high cost.

Spooky

I think most of those stocks will be put on safe queens.Wouldn't want a $300 stock to get dusty now would ya ?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#36]
As many others, I'm also a Magpul fan.  I currently have 3 - M93A2's (one of every color).  Eventhough it's alittle pricey, I'm sure I'll end up replacing the A2 stock with a M95 on my Varmit/Target AR.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I still don't like it

That hurts....

Lol remember my first post when I was asking why people hung 10 pounds of crap on their rifle like five flashlights, lasers, all that crap...?
I'm just saying that:
1. I don't like the looks of it
2. It looks heavy and bulky

Also, I think that it is WAAAAAY too pricey when it'll pretty much only be used in competitions and such. Sure it's adjustable but you can buy a cheekweld and buttpad for hundreds less. What exactly makes this worth $220+? It's all plastic isn't it? If it's all-metal, then it'll probably make the rifle even more rear heavy than it already is.

And Matt_B, I know that functionality WAY out-ranks looks but it'd be nice to have a gun that doesn't look like it just ate ten wedding cakes and it all went to it's arse that works just as well. Why not get an A2 or A1 stock and put a cheek weld and a buttpad on it and save $100+ that you can spend on ammo, mags, etc.? That's how I see it...but before this get's out of hand and I have to put on a giant flame suit, I respect you guys' opinions and I hope you respect mine. I will now say goodnight to all of you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The folks who decide to buy the M95 are more than likely going to put it on a high-dollar rifle and want the function it provides despite the high cost.

Spooky

I think most of those stocks will be put on safe queens.Wouldn't want a $300 stock to get dusty now would ya ?

I don't know.  Some here use their rifles hard in their intended arena.  You should see all the dings and scratches on the laminated wood stock on my match Model 70.  A stock that costs more than most M4gerys here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I still don't like it

Just noticed it.

True words. I'll keep it in mind whereever I go
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Tag for when they come out
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#41]
The M95 is a work of art compared to a Vltor Clubfoot.  Now that is an ugly buttstock!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I really, really, really like the magpul I used (Thanks DaBunny) because it doesnt grab my damn beard. Every adjustable stock I have ever shot with in my entire life decides it needs at least one hair out of my beard per cheek weld. I am due for a bald spot in my beard to appear anytime now.

That said I would buy two more stripped lowers before I would pay $200 bucks for a damn stock. And should I ever decide to spend $200 on a stock, I hope my friends take away all my firearms and have me commited.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#43]
It's sweet.  By the time I get the $$$ for a DMR type rifle build, I will be able to afford one, and they will be out.  

BTW, I think it LOOKS cool as hell too
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I could give a shit less what it looks like.

The only reason I don't have a M93 is because I don't shoot nose to charging handle. If I did, I'd have one.

If I ever get an AR10 I'll buy an M95.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It's sweet.  By the time I get the $$$ for a DMR type rifle build, I will be able to afford one, and they will be out.   BTW, I think it LOOKS cool as hell too

how true...LOL
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:06:34 AM EDT
[#46]
I think it is fantastic that someone FINALLY produced a real adjustable stock for the AR-15.  The only real option I've seen thus far is the "ironstone" thing....that looks like a real pain in the ass aside from the price-tag.  I can't wait to get one!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats exactly the build I'm going for. Hvy BBl 6.5 with this Magpul stock. I think it will make some interesting shooting.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Did I mention in my sarcastic post above that I was basically concealing my jealousy because I can't legally own one here in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts ?

edit: No,I didn't mention it,but I am now
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:35:07 AM EDT
[#49]
It's a PSG-1 stock wannabe.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:08:55 AM EDT
[#50]
I am going to get one for my Spacegun/Varminter.  
Because it is going to be a damn good competetion stock. . .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top