Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:35:45 PM EDT
I would like to build a complet rifle with a midlength flat top upper. I'd also like to build a 6.8 upper as well and the lower to go with both. Where is a good source for quality parts. I've heard you can save by building but from what I've seen it isn't very much. Point me in the right direction.

Eric
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You can check the Equipment Exchange (EE) for rifles, parts and accessories at good prices. Just be sure that you know who you're buying from before you throw any money around.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy your parts from Bushmaster.

Building one yourself is best done for reasons other than trying to save money.

Lurk here awhile.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I would disagree, saving money is a huge reason to build AR15s.  

I've built three AR15s for less then what most people pay for one....  Granted, it takes some great deals, but building can be VERY cheap.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the quick replies! Checked out the EE and I've already found some lower prices.

Stickman,
Tell me more. Saving money is a good thing! Plus, I'm thinking of building for the fun of it anyway. Saving money would be a bonus. Still from what I see, by the time I buy the parts; I'm over the cost of buying one complete. Enlighten me. I've got a new credit card and no sense.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, Stickman sets the standard for great deals.  The kind that make most of us here jealous.  My experience has been that the rewards come from enjoyment of assembly, building exactly what one wants, knowing that the build is done correctly, pride from acomplishment -- and I could include 'evil' features unavailable in a complete new rifle.

BTW, besides having a nose for deals, Stickman can take used parts and refinish them to look better than new.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top