Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:27:56 PM EDT
Pic here

ADCO has them with chrome lined barrels for $860.  That upper is kinda funky, but kinda cool.  This would get a railed free floater, aimpoint, light and vfg as time and funds allowed.  What says the hive mind?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd stick with a flattop.. that upper design is way too limiting, not to mention looking like ass IMO.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the only optic it would get would be an Aimpoint(mayyyybe and eotech), if I got an A3 upper I would have to get some kind of buis compatible with the aimpoint/mount.  I'd want the aimpoint to co-witness the irons.  I think there are any number of mounts that would acheive this.  This 'UTE' upper is certainly more stable/durable than a detachable rear sight on a rail would be.  Am I trying to sell myself on it?  Kinda sounds like it......hmmmmm.....so many choices.....

ETA, I am going to do my damndest to jump on the sebr 05 bandwagon as well, as I really like the config of that particular rifle (except that stupid-ass izzy).  So a more "traditional" AR will be in the kennel as well.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want that look, just get an LMT BUIS. Easily removable and one hell of a nice peice of equipment. Couldn't be more happy with mine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you get that we will laugh at you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
at your post and sigline

I don't mind being laughed at.  I also typically don't like non-traditional stuff, but this upper seems to get it right, odd as it looks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top