Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2005 5:03:44 AM EDT
saw a show (?) on the Military Ch. last night with soldiers in Afghan, all were carrying  desert camo'd rifles..., do they leave the Colt factory in this config. or are they done by the troops with a few cans of spray paint  ??

the soldiers all looked on the ragged side & wore beards so as to blend in & be accepted by the local "Tribesmen"
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:11:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I watched that also last week, those guys were all Special Forces, hence their names, M, I, etc. The camo jobs are done by the troops I believe. Go to Home depot and get some cans of Krylon spray paint. There are some members here who have done it and it looks cool. I'm gonna do it to my next build.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
We left our weapons black but I did see other units that painted theirs. Most of it was done on the spot with Krylon type spray paint. Nothing fancy. I even saw some Air Force STS guys who painted their web gear with Sears house paint...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the replys.., i was wondering because Colt did make a camo'd rifle once and thought maybe those rifles might be factory jobs.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top