Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:47:42 PM EDT
well....here's the scoop.....went with a buddy to the shooting range sunday evening for a little cap snappin fun.....i was shooting a mixed batch of surplus SS109 that i picked up a couple weeks ago(consisted of Cavim, Santa Barbara and Radway Green)......third shot of Cavim was a massive failure to feed....the round went into the camber about half way and stuck like hell.....tried to yank it out via charging handle with no luck.....tried to slam it on in with forward assist....no luck.....finally a good swift slam of the butt on the bench and it chambered.....i didn't chance firing it and went ahead and manually ejected it and discarded the round......a few mags later and was letting my bud fire some rounds with my AR.....on his first shot with Santa Barbara the round fired and the extractor ripped the rim right off the brass.....so of course me being the unprepared person i am had no broken shell extractor or even a cleaning rod to clean the fired stuck brass out of the chamber....so, the AR's evening was done.....when i got home i got the brass out and realized that somehow i had not cleaned my chamber very well the last time after i went shooting....i am a dumbass sometimes....had a massive carbon ring around the throat area and several buildup carbon areas all around the chamber.....now i should be back in business as the chamber is now very clean and as smooth as a baby's ass....before sunday i had fired around 400rds of Federal M193 with not a single hint of a foul up.....so it was not the ammo as i first thought(at least i figure it wasn't) but was in fact my lack of good thorough chamber cleaning the last time.....can't wait til next couple weeks when i get to go back and make sure all is good once again with my baby.....

specs on the gun:

DPMS AP4(M4 type)
14.5" M4 profile barrel chromed bore and chamber(5.56mm chamber)/w permanant phantom
A4 type upper/w YHM four rail aluminum HG's.....6 position collapsible stock, Aimpoint ML2, ARMS 22M68 mount, ARMS 40A2, single point sling(custom made by me), Advanced Armament verticle forward grip....etc, etc, etc......

basic AR is all DPMS.....

thanks for reading and comments, experiences welcome.....

camaro
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool camo job!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 to the cool camo job.

but what the hell is with those flower sheets, man??
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]

thanks for reading and comments, experiences welcome.....

Camo does not go well with pink bedsheets covered in flowers
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
bed sheets are actually tan(like the tan color on the hat) but just look pink in the pics.....something to do with the way my cam takes photos.....but the flowers sheets are of course the wifey's idea.....but hey.....i do at least have a black comforter on the bed......that was her idea too....so she has some coolness in her......

camaro
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
.....but the flowers sheets are of course the wifey's idea...........

camaro

That's what I would say too....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Flowers and AR's don't look good together.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]
It aint your gun!  Its the santa barbara.  I have had this occurr with all my AR's, my HK53, and my FNC.  The brass is very soft.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top