Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:11:41 PM EDT
I have 3 AR rifles, and am considering selling one to get a 9mm AR rifle.............would you sell a pre-ban Eagle CAR-15 to fund a 9mm AR, or keep it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you are asking for opinions...what is the deal with a 9mm AR?  I just don't get it.

Second, why would you sell an AR?  Just work some more and buy a 9mm AR if you want to.  If you can't afford that, maybe you should take the money you make from selling an AR and put it in the bank.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I would keep it, but that's because I'm greedy.  Once something is mine, it's MINE!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If I didn't live in an AWB compliant state, I wouldn't get a preban anything....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I buy guns, not only to have fun with, but to also expand my collection. Selling one to get another doesn't increase my collection any, so I don't do it.

I'd say save and buy the 9mm in the future.

My opinion, of course. Worth what you payed for it

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Having had a maximum number of guns imposed by the ball and chain, I can understand there being a reason to sell one gun before buying another.  Now that the ball and chain is someone else's problem (I warned him, before he married her, so he can't blame me for his problems), I'd have to think long and hard before selling any gun.  I still regret selling the ones I sold when the ball and chain was around, so I'd agree with the suggestions of saving money until you have enough set aside for the 9mm (if that's an option).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top