Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 5:07:38 AM EDT
I have a colt m4 barrel and all the colt barrels I have ever seen before have just a C on them but this one is marked ( C ) with prentices .  It is a barrel only not part of a complete rifle.  Anyone else see one like that?  thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I think someone mentioned something along those lines just last week?  I had never seen or heard of one before.  What is the date on the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I looked for it but it didnt have a date on it like the others do.  Up close to the FSB where the date should be it just had 15 on it.  There is also on F on the FSB but it does have the correct one on it because I measured it.  Also, no white paint dot that I see on most of them.  Maybe that isn’t done to barrels only and part of the inspection after barrel is installed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, I looked for it but it didnt have a date on it like the others do.  Up close to the FSB where the date should be it just had 15 on it.  There is also on F on the FSB but it does have the correct one on it because I measured it.  Also, no white paint dot that I see on most of them.  Maybe that isn’t done to barrels only and part of the inspection after barrel is installed.

Sounds like a 94 or early 95 barrel.  Does it have a 4 stamped onto the barrel extention?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a 94 or early 95 barrel.  Does it have a 4 stamped onto the barrel extension?

Wonder if ar_mcadams got his from Eagle Firearms?

I recently got one from them and mine is marked like that (C) and does not have a date code. It also doesn't have an "F" stamped FSB or the "4" mark on the barrel ext. even though it does have the M4 feedramps. Strange huh?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember that barrel, could not remember who's it was though.  Got a link to that discussion?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I remember that barrel, could not remember who's it was though.  Got a link to that discussion?

I believe this is the thread you are thinking about? It wasn't started by me and mostly focused on an equally strange variant but I did chime in about the one I mentioned above...

Colt M4 Barrel Mystery - Experts please chime in
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, that is the thread I was thinking of.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a 94 or early 95 barrel.  Does it have a 4 stamped onto the barrel extension?

Wonder if ar_mcadams got his from Eagle Firearms?

I recently got one from them and mine is marked like that (C) and does not have a date code. It also doesn't have an "F" stamped FSB or the "4" mark on the barrel ext. even though it does have the M4 feedramps. Strange huh?

yes, that is where I got it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#9]
PARENTHESIS

Thank you, that is all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
PARENTHESIS

Thank you, that is all.

'Printsees
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top