Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:16:04 PM EDT
How reliable are they and what ammo do you find to run most reliably in them? A post from the ammo board got me thinking about this and made me curious.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=208426
No problems, no hiccups in my Colt.    Quality name brand ammo only; no aluminum case (CCi) or Wolf for me.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got my first 9mm last week and I will be taking it to the range after work tomorrow. I'll check back and let you know.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Kisara, thanks for the report and the link. And ZW17, I look foward to your report. I had never really given a 9mm AR carbine much thought until now. But I might just break down and get one. Why? I don't yet have one. LOL.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I only run blazer in mine, no probs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have RRA with their drop in mag block, it runs great with the winchester white box.

the 9mm is a blast  to shoot to.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Colt, and I've shot Wolf and PMC thru it. No problems as yet, other than the Colt 32 rd mags are a bitch to load.

myitinaw
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an oly 9mm.  I run the sten mags with a mag block.  i shoot mostly wwb 115g.  have yet to have a problem with it.  in fact, i just sent of my sbr paperwork for it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Colt and shoot WWB, Hansen[I had a crapload of this stuff], PMC, and S&B and whatever else is on sale. Always goes BOOM. I use the overpriced Colt loading tool but it does work well and is much easier. Don't use wolf or Blazer as I can get S&B dirt cheap when Cabalas puts it on sale. At less then 10 cents a shot It makes for cheap shootin.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had an Oly set up with mag block and Sten mags, shot WWB with zero malfunctions.

I now have an Oly/Glock that takes the factory Glock mags, shoot WWB through it and no malfunctions after about 1000 rounds.  Had a few probs at first, but they were mag related.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a colt and it eats Winchester white box like a fat kid eats cake!  I love it!  I did have a RRA set up and it took some tinkering to get it to run right, but then again I was a NOOB at the time but with the info gained here I was able to get it running.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Got a blue label Colt. Bought it around 10 years ago. It's only used as a plinker and it feeds Wicheseter white box and other brands of 9mm with no problems. I only use factory Colt mags.

It's a whole bunch of fun to shoot.

Scott

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#14]
RRA upper on a Colt lower with a RRA (Colt 1-piece style) block.  Runs Wolf, Brown Bear, WWB, Remington, and my own assorted handloads with no problems from Pro-mag 34 rounders.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I have an A-1 upper sitting around in need of a barrel and a 9mm conversion sounds kinda cool. Where could I find the barrel, mag adapter and mags if I wanted to do a conversion?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I want to get one of the 9mm GLOCK mag lowers from Olympic Arms and build it into a 7.5" suppressed carbine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Charging_Handle,

I have a Olympic Arms 9mm upper on a Olympic lower that I built with a L.P.K. from Del-ton and a RRA stock.  I did have some problems with the modified Sten mag that came with the upper.  When it was loaded with 32 rnds, I would have FTF's until I got down to around 20 rnds.  It then ran fine.  I now have a socom mag block and it runs perfect with the unmodified Sten mags.  I've have used WWB, Remington, Olympic, Fiocchi, PMP, and S&B without any issues.  

Here is a link to a video the u352 took of me shooting my 9mm carbine at the last get together at the Uwharrie national forest.  Notice the grin when I'm finished!  

Vulcan94
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top