Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:47:58 PM EDT
I asked in the Pistol Cal forum, but not everybody goes there.

Since my M4 project will be complete on, oh, Friday when my CMMG upper comes in, naturally I must look to the future. I'm considering doing a 9mm SBR project, and since I can't afford full auto I figured I'd go quiet.

I'm quite taken with the two below and was told by one dealer here that they're both pretty good. So I figured I'd ask around some more.

SWR Alpha SD

LRM M-169

All the normal questions. How does it sound, maintenence, overall length, etc. The length question is one I'd like answered. I can't seem to get a good idea in my mind how big each of these is compared to, say, my new M4 14.5 with perm Phantom.

Thanks for any and all help and advice.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump

Somebody must've handled one of the goddamn things.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the LRM M-169 and all I can say is WOW!!!!

It is reliable, extremely quite, and I can use and grain 9mm ammo (115, 124, and 147) where other uppers/suppressors require you to use sub-sonic ammo. Plus, Lee @ LRM is one of the best guys in the business regarding ethics.

I would suggest posting this in the full-auto forum and watch the replies fly in!!!!! He has quite a number of customers that hang out there.

ASO544
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you also consider the GemTech Trinity-Talon?
http://www.gem-tech.com/TRINITY.html
I've decided to go with the LRM M-169, but I'd like to hear your thoughts and compare notes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Another +1 for Lee at LRM.
The page has the specs www.lrmfirearms.com/pages/863787/index.htm
A very effective suppressor and a great guy to do business with.

ETA: Added link for video
www.fullauto.org/./media/mp_marinavid_1.asx
(Credits posted at the end)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top