Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 4:51:51 PM EDT
Okay, so I'll admit. I'm new to the AR world.

I also did something a bit different with my first "build". I put a 20" upper with a carbine stock.

So, I take it down to the range. While I am still sorting out some accuracy issues, I noticed the following:

- During the recoil of a bench shot, the back end seems to twist clockwise, and wander left and high of the target.
- Also during recoil, it doesn't seem like a SNAP recoil. More like it's pushing me off target.

Otherwise, function of the rifle is fine. No FTE, FTF, or any of that stuff.

So, while I've tried to search though the disucssions, I can't really seem to find a relationship for my situation.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to find answers regarding gas, buffer weight, and springs? I'm assuming I have a standard CAR/M4 style buffer setup.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Crickets chirping.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I guess this is a useless thread.

I'll go find my info elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, it sounds pretty normal so far. As far as recoil goes, my A2 has a lot less than my carbines, so maybe if it's bother you you should put the A2 stock on there if you want smoother shooting. With a 20" rifle it would look normal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top