Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 3:40:50 AM EDT
I currently have a stubby stock on my m4a3.  I am interested in the MagPul m93a.  According to Magpul it uses standard carbine buffer and spring but it is not included.  Question 1..   Can I use the buffer and spring from my stubby stock?  Question 2..  Can this stock be installed by a novice such as myself?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I currently have a stubby stock on my m4a3.  I am interested in the MagPul m93a.  According to Magpul it uses standard carbine buffer and spring but it is not included.  Question 1..   Can I use the buffer and spring from my stubby stock?

Because it's a short stock, I would guess that it's a carbine buffer but, if you take off the stubby stock, you can know for sure. Your buffer will either be short (around 4") or long. Check out this site for pics of buffers to compare yours too. Not only will the length be different but, as you will see from the pics on the linked site, they also look different.

Question 2..  Can this stock be installed by a novice such as myself?
Thanks for the help.

If you can turn a screw, you can install a Magpul stock. The documentation that comes with it steps you through the process and, if you get stuck for any reason, I and many others here can help you or you can call Magpul and speak to Richard for assistance.

BTW, the current version of the stock is called the M93B. I wasn't sure if you had a line on a used M93A but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the latest version.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:47:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a bunch for the reply.   Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
1. Yes
2. Yes
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top