Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 3:38:31 AM EDT
My FFL has received a recent shipment of Colt LEO guns-6920's, 6520's, 6721'sand 6450's-all came in boxes without the Blue labels.  Is this a new thing??  Aren't lots of you anal about the label on the box?? Could this be a tragedy in the making??
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't care if it came in a used brown paper bag. The most important thing is what's inside
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#2]
they come with blue labels and some have small plain white labels.  theh have done this for years
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Who gives a fuck?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think my box has a blue label on it.  I better return or sell my 6920.  Anyone want it?  The box had no blue label, so don't complain to me after you buy it!  Oh, wait.  Whew.  There's the blue label.  Nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Who gives a fuck?

His name is "pieceofstink" and he's worried about blue stickers on a cardboard box.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:53:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit!  I didn't even keep the box my LE gun came in.  I gave it to the guy in the Armory to use for shipping other guns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine was mfg'd 3/05 and it has a blue label. (LE6920)

Maybe those are cheap copies pirated in China.
Happens with Microsoft Windows and Rolexes, bound to happen with Colts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Shit!  I didn't even keep the box my LE gun came in.  I gave it to the guy in the Armory to use for shipping other guns.

I've never even considered keeping any of the boxes my weapons have come in.  Its posts like this that remind me that there are plenty of people who will never use their rifles as a tool.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
pack rats
all that stuff just builds clutter after awhile.....................

but then again if you kept your rifles in the cardboard box you could stack you rifles neatly on top of each other.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#10]
E,

If you had a vault it might be interesting, but a real vault (IMHO) has military weapon racks....

Boxes are for people want their weapons to rust.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've never even considered keeping any of the boxes my weapons have come in.  Its posts like this that remind me that there are plenty of people who will never use their rifles as a tool.  

If you never plan to resell your rifle, ever, then yes throw it away. I shoot my LE Colt, it's no safe queen. Had it little more than a month and have 1200 rounds through it. But the fact is the box and documentation can add value in resale, just like a camera or or anything else that costs a bit of cash.
Can I honestly say I will never sell it? I don't plan on it, but who can predict what the future will bring.

Stick, I'm sorry if I can't use my rifle as a tool for my work anymore, those times are past.

I keep my boxes for everything from cameras, to software, to stereo equipment. I have plenty of storage space.

ETA: Yes I admit to being a compulsive packrat, but an organized one.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
pack rats

but then again if you kept your rifles in the cardboard box you could stack you rifles neatly on top of each other.

Reformed packrat here

Last year my wife and I had a heart to heart talk about the "box issue". I had kept every box to every weapon I'd ever purchased since I started collecting them in 1991.

My wife was genuinely puzzled about why I held onto them-and I couldn't really give her a good answer. I said something about resale value, and then she reminded me that I had vowed previously to never sell any of them-so the boxes were superfluous. My will specifies that the rifles that aren't passed on to my children are to be donated to the local PD when I die-and the local LEOs don't care much about boxes either.

To make a long story short, 14 years worth of boxes went into the dumpster at work the next day, freeing up a shiteload of storage space.

It felt good to get that off my chest

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pack rats

Reformed packrat here

Last year my wife and I had a heart to heart talk about the "box issue". I had kept every box to every weapon I'd ever purchased since I started collecting them in 1991.

My wife was genuinely puzzled about why I held onto them-and I couldn't really give her a good answer. I said something about resale value, and then she reminded me that I had vowed previously to never sell any of them-so the boxes were superfluous. My will specifies that the rifles that aren't passed on to my children are to be donated to the local PD when I die-and the local LEOs don't care much about boxes either.

To make a long story short, 14 years worth of boxes went into the dumpster at work the next day, freeing up a shiteload of storage space.

It felt good to get that off my chest

im not gonna even imagine what the dumpster looked like, or even imagine the look on whoevers face who had to dump trash after you.

if that were my wife in your situation i would be either throwing the boxes away or making a new home out of them
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

im not gonna even imagine what the dumpster looked like, or even imagine the look on whoevers face who had to dump trash after you.

I've always wondered about that myself
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I said something about resale value, and then she reminded me that I had vowed previously to never sell any of them-so the boxes were superfluous.

I give you props for marrying a woman who uses the word 'superfluous'.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I said something about resale value, and then she reminded me that I had vowed previously to never sell any of them-so the boxes were superfluous.

I give you props for marrying a woman who uses the word 'superfluous'.

Heh.

She's the cultured, educated one-I'm just poor white trash

When we met I think she must have taken pity on me-the type of pity akin to when you find a stray puppy
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, for what it's worth (About .02), I always keep Colt and Ruger boxes just because they've got such enthusiastic collectors out there (Who want the boxes) that it's worth my time to find a pidgeon-hole to stash them in.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By CJan_NH the KoolAid Colt Cult Guru:
14 years worth of boxes went into the dumpster at work

You got to be kidding-  You could have sold those on Ebay for $50 each!   One man's trash is another man's idiot's treasure...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top