Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:06:42 AM EDT
I Seen a Les Baer Custom Upper and Lower Receiver Matched Set And am really thinking of going in about an hour to buy. Is it worth $365.00 slightly negotiable? The finish is the best I've ever seen and the fit is tight like a virgin, I would put it right up there with my LMT and Colts, maybe even better in quality. Sound like a good idea?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#1]
That seems like a great price to me, especially if it's a complete upper receiver and lower.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I should have been more specific, it is a stripped upper and lower, if you've ever had the opportunity to actually see the fit and phenomenal finish you might want to buy too. Personally, I think this is a good deal, I have Colt, Bushmaster, But have never seen A Les Baer, I am very impressed. The price is mildly sttep, but I have done good buisness with this store before and NEVER heard a bad thing about Les Baer.
Open to Opinions for a little bit before making my final decisison.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#3]
$365 is more than a little "Pricey" for a striped upper and lower in my opinion. I don't care who made it. It’s your money in the end though. If you’re happy that’s all that really matters. Buy it, build it up and shoot the hell out of it.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Over priced; maybe not for a Les Baer but for receivers.  You can get CMT upper a lower for a total of $180.  The quality is outstanding, finish is awesome and comes with "T" markings.  You can also get one cut w/M4 feedramps too for the same price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I went ahead and got the set anyways. I know I could get a CMT for $180 or less here on the EE. Here is how I look at, I have Colt, Bushmaster, and LMT rifles, I've never seen a Les Baer or read a thread on anyone having one, I like to be a little different. I like it and feel good about the deal, the dealer also threw in a HK SA-80 mag in the deal (the new style ones). All in all it think it was a pretty square deal.
Here is the new dilemma, I have a 18'' 6.8 barrel being made now, and I have a LMT upper and lower needing a finish up. Should I make the Les Baer the 6.8 and the LMT into a 18 or 20'' match rifle, or vice versa?
What to do, what to do??????
I've already used my "Get Both" option
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]
From Les Baer's web site:

LBC Matched(Post Ban) Uppers and Lowers (Stripped Except With Take Down Pins)
(FFL Required for Purchase with or without provision for Forward Assist) $ 342.00

About 1/3 of the way down the page:
www.lesbaer.com/pricnga.html

Not a bad price considering their price. A small markup for your local shop.

I personally would have been happy with a set from RRA as I have always found their uppers/lowers to be more than a tight enough fit for anything I was building.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top