Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2005 12:47:10 AM EDT
Did Colt ever sell lowers so folks could build on them??  I know they sold uppers and upper kits to convert to 7.62 X 39MM and things like that.  Just wondering about lowers only??  Or is that beneath Colt to do that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Did Colt ever sell lowers so folks could build on them??  I know they sold uppers and upper kits to convert to 7.62 X 39MM and things like that.  Just wondering about lowers only??  Or is that beneath Colt to do that?

IIRC they didn't.  The only Colt lowers I've seen for sale are from dealers or distributers that have stripped a complete gun for parts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:10:04 AM EDT
[#2]
In the preban and early postban days, no.

There was a period a few years back in where I seen stripped Colt lowers for sale at gunshows and in SGN from vendors.  These did not appear to be from complete weapons.  They didn't have the seperate pinned sear block, it was part of the forging.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You can now get Colt lower receivers from a few places.  

Florida Gunworks - not highly recommended

Specialized Armament - I think you need to call for lower receivers

KY Imports

R-Guns, which is a phone call.  Sorry I don't know the number.

There might be a couple more I'm forgetting.  My diet has very little Kool-Aid in it, so my Colt knowledge isn't as good as some here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All of those places that sell Colt lowers are buying complete guns and selling off the parts (at a HUGE profit, BTW).  Colt has never sold lowers separately.

-Troy

$275 for a stripped lower? Now they can't be making THAT much off it................Right?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All of those places that sell Colt lowers are buying complete guns and selling off the parts (at a HUGE profit, BTW).  Colt has never sold lowers separately.

-Troy

Going to have to disagree with you here Troy. I bought a few Colt MT Lowers 3-4 years ago and they came in sealed plastic bags complete with colt labels.

The lowers themselves were absolutely perfect. Not so much as a mark or scratch on them anywhere. No way they could have been stripped from a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I recall seeing ads from R Guns in the Shotgun News for Colt lowers during the AWB
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Going to have to disagree with you here Troy. I bought a few Colt MT Lowers 3-4 years ago and they came in sealed plastic bags complete with colt labels.

The lowers themselves were absolutely perfect. Not so much as a mark or scratch on them anywhere. No way they could have been stripped from a complete rifle.

Yep I also disagree. Tina from Sawlesales said she would sell me new AR15A2 and AR15A3 rollmarked receivers (AR6520 and AR6721 respectively) brand new - not off stripped rifles, for the following prices:

Stripped: $199 $299  error correction
Complete lower, no stock $399
Complete lower half w/correct M4 stock staked in place $549.

If you doubt, don't take my word, call SAW.

RGuns only sells Match Target (MT) lowers. If you want new LE lowers with AR15 rollmarked on the side of them, you gotta buy from Ken & Tina. BTW Tina was very helpful and pleasant. I always enjoy doing business with them.

Plan on picking on picking up a few complete lowers w/no stock for a rainy day as soon as I complete my current project.

Expensive you say? Perhaps. But I like 'em!

_DR
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Stripped: $199
_DR

Is this $199 or $299?  A LPK shouldn't cost $200, but it is Colt we are talking about.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
_DR

Is this $199 or $299?  A LPK shouldn't cost $200, but it is Colt we are talking about.

OOPS, I'm tired, you are correct as you usually are.

Went out and broke in the the new LE6920 today, put about 1200 rounds through it. Now I gotta clean the mess, so not thinking straight. $299 is right for stripped. sorry for the misinfo
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
_DR

Went out and broke in the the new LE6920 today, put about 1200 rounds through it. Now I gotta clean the mess, so not thinking straight. $299 is right for stripped. sorry for the misinfo

Cool.  If it were $199, I might have to take a sip of Kool-Aid, just to see what all the hype is about.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
_DR

Cool.  If it were $199, I might have to take a sip of Kool-Aid, just to see what all the hype is about.

Yep, that would be a great price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

-Troy

During the AWB they were referred to as scabs, but I guess we could come up with a new term now that its over....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

KY Imports

There might be a couple more I'm forgetting.  My diet has very little Kool-Aid in it, so my Colt knowledge isn't as good as some here.

Mongo,

I did find information (using search function) regarding Florida Gun Works but nothing on KY Imports or R-Guns. Would ya happen to know where I can find info on those two? I also read feedback on GunsAmerica regarding Florida Gun Works. It makes for some very interesting reading!!  I will avoid them like the PLAGUE!

Thanks,

CI

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't heard anything one way or another about KY Imports (that I can remember clearly). You might want to look at the pistol side of this site. I've heard that there are plenty of guys that buy pistols from them.

R-guns is supposed to have the products you want, but they are known for sounding "Bothered" while on the phone for you.

From what I have heard from guys around Chicago that have been in their store, they act the same way in person too.

Personally, I would go elsewhere, but it's not my money, and not me dealing with them. Course, this is all my opinion: worth what you paid for it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

KY Imports

Mongo,

I did find information (using search function) regarding Florida Gun Works but nothing on KY Imports or R-Guns. Would ya happen to know where I can find info on those two? I also read feedback on GunsAmerica regarding Florida Gun Works. It makes for some very interesting reading!!  I will avoid them like the PLAGUE!

Thanks,

CI

I have no feedback on any of them.  Generally, I get new parts from this site's vendors/sponsors.  I have very little need for Colt parts that I can't get here, so I don't shop at those places.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys, not to step on any toes here, but about 5 years ago I bought some
parts from KY Imports to re-do my Underwood carbine. I was very pleased
with their sales and service. The parts were good clean parts that were just
as described in the ads. If needed I would buy from them again, just my .02 .
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hey guys, not to step on any toes here, but about 5 years ago I bought some
parts from KY Imports to re-do my Underwood carbine. I was very pleased
with their sales and service. The parts were good clean parts that were just
as described in the ads. If needed I would buy from them again, just my .02 .

Thanks for the heads up, didn't see any feedback on them, so good to know.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top