Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2005 1:52:53 PM EDT
I am doing my homework now for a new AR rifle. One rifle I am looking at is the Barrett M468 (w/telestock). I like the setup that Barrett has on the M468:

Dual Spring Extractor System                                    Specifications
· Muzzle Brake                                                              Caliber: 6.8 Remington SPC
· Folding Front Sight and Gas Block                            Operation: Semi-Automatic/Select Fire
· 30 Round Magazine                                                    Overall Length: 35.4 in.
· Two Stage Trigger                                                      Barrel Length: 16 in. (Chrome Lined)  
· ARMS® (SIR) System Fore End                                Weight: 7.3 lbs.
· ARMS® Folding Rear Sight  
· Optional Sound Suppressor

Does anyone have one of these yet? If so, what is your honest opinion? I believe that if it is a Barrett, it has to be good. One thing you cannot deny is the additional knock-down power of the 6.8 REM SPC.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a M-468 I purchased in January. Over all I'm very satisfied with it although I had to send it back to have the stock buffer tube removed so I could have a LMT SOPMOD stock installed. The standard tube was so tight and I didn't want to use undo force or apply heat to the new lower so they( Barrett) had me send it back and I received it back within a couple of days and had the LMT stock installed. The Barrett magazines are also somewhat tighter in the magwell than my PRI magazines but both seem to feed and function well. I also added a Tango Down Battle Grip and Vertical Foregrip and just recently a EOTech 552 and Surefire 961XM06. I have a Nightforce 2.5X10 NXS in LaRue M68CCO mounts and accuracy with it as well as the back up iron sights has been very good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you geting your ammo from.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I know that Natchez carries the match grade stuff. I want to sat it was on sale for $15 a box.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:07:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Midway had 6.8 brass, a couple of weeks ago, but sold out in a day or two.  They've already got more brass in stock, so it looks like supply is starting to catch up with demand.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Midway had 6.8 brass, a couple of weeks ago

Back in stock!!!

Get it fast

D
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a M-468 I purchased in January. Over all I'm very satisfied with it although I had to send it back to have the stock buffer tube removed so I could have a LMT SOPMOD stock installed. The standard tube was so tight and I didn't want to use undo force or apply heat to the new lower so they( Barrett) had me send it back and I received it back within a couple of days and had the LMT stock installed. The Barrett magazines are also somewhat tighter in the magwell than my PRI magazines but both seem to feed and function well. I also added a Tango Down Battle Grip and Vertical Foregrip and just recently a EOTech 552 and Surefire 961XM06. I have a Nightforce 2.5X10 NXS in LaRue M68CCO mounts and accuracy with it as well as the back up iron sights has been very good.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like Barrett is very reputable and accommodating. I am hoping to get the M468-LE model with the telestock and the optional sound supressor. Of course, this will cost me quite a bit. I will change the stock for the Magpul M93B stock and add a TD VG. Since I have an EOTech 512A65 on my DPMS Panther Carbine, I am thinking about mounting an ACOG on the Barrett. I am not sure what light system I will be using, but it will be Surefire. I went simple with the DPMS and mounted a Streamlight Scorpion with a Samco mount.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered my 1000rds of brass no to look for something to use it in LOL
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top