Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2005 5:58:13 PM EDT
i found an ad in the april 10, 1988 ShotGun News for a .223 belt fed upper for the ar15/m16.  it is called the "J2 belt feed conversion".  the company was Civil Defense Armaments out of Corona, CA.  it looks like a cross between a m249 and a m60.  when i get to a scanner i'll post a copy of the ad.  since i haven't heard of them before i imagine it is on the same lines as the shrike.  funny thing is that the ad says that if you make an advance deposit it will save you $500 on the final price  sounds familiar doesn't it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
i just saw a pic of a stoner 63 and it looks like they were modifying those uppers to work on ar15/m16s.  i'll hav eto look further into it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i found an ad in the april 10, 1988 ShotGun News for a .223 belt fed upper for the ar15/m16.  ........sounds familiar doesn't it.

Yes it does.

There is also an advertisement in this months Small Arms Review for a .22 caliber belt-fed AR

It suggests the product will be available in 2005...........which also sounds familiar..

Lakesideguns.com
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i found an ad in the april 10, 1988 ShotGun News for a .223 belt fed upper for the ar15/m16.  ........sounds familiar doesn't it.

Yes it does.

There is also an advertisement in this months Small Arms Review for a .22 caliber belt-fed AR

It suggests the product will be available in 2005...........which also sounds familiar..

Lakesideguns.com
lakesideguns.com/title1/lm7550br.jpg

The difference with lakeside is they actually do end up with a product for sale.  They're just ungodly expensive.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
That Lakeside upper would appear to be a very cool thing if it works.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i am intereested to see what the production version of the lakeside gun is.  the pics they keep showing are from the prototype, and it doesn't do much for me.   i wish they would refine it to actually look like something other that scrap parts thrown together.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That Lakeside upper would appear to be a very cool thing if it works.

Ive seen it work.. Very cool.. Need lots of beer and smokes while you link up all that .22 LR...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top