Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2005 4:12:28 PM EDT
Hey guys, just want to give everyone a heads up about compatability of EA lowers and MIAD grips from Magpul.  If anyone has an EA lower and orders the MIAD, do not order the integral trigger guard, part F4, the EA lower has a sort of built in "gapper" that will not allow the trigger guard to fit.  I suggest getting the seperately offered Enhanced M16 Trigger Guard that they offer.  Now I only hope that I can get in touch with Denny before he ships out my other grip I just ordered.

I just spoke with Magpul and they are going to refund the the unusable part for me, they freakin rock.

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Good information to have, especially if you are using an EA lower.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, just tried to install the enhanced trigger guard and that is also a no go with an Essential Arms lower.  Figures, I bought 2 of them for both my EA lowers.  

Anyway, anyone with an EA lower beware.  BTW, these are pre-ban cast lowers, I don't know about EA's new lowers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Me tooht. Didn't know pre-ban EA's had that difference.

Suppose I could try and drill out the lower, drift out the pin and tap the hole, but I know something would go wrong. And then - Oh Well
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I just installed a MIAD with trigger gaurd on an EA lower. I just took some  files and went to work. Slow and easy, checking the fit often. When I finished, sent it to ADCO to get KG coated. It came out great, and was back in my hands 7 days after I sent it.

Gene
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Will EA lowers work with a TD pistol grip?

Steve
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#6]
yes magpul has the best customer support on the planet... they are on my a+ list
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes you can put a Tango Down on it. I had one on mine before the MIAD. It can be kinda tight going on though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Outstanding, it looks like I may finally be getting a pre ban and I love those TD grips, have them on all my AR's so I wanted to make sure one would fit on the EA lower. Thanks guys

Steve
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI, MIAD + either MEGA or Busmaster = OK.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
FYI, MIAD + either MEGA or Busmaster = OK.

Worked with my STAG too.

Danny
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top