Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2005 4:14:44 AM EDT
Over the years I've noticed ghillie suits and other things to drape over the weapon etc.  Many of us think its neat and a great idea for operators.  However the general public really has no true use of the application.  

I was thinking why doesn't someone design a detachable rail-guard with ghillie material secured to it.  Therefore it could be attatched to the weapon for who knows turkey hunting or whatever.... but then removed with ease.

Whatch think?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to do it for a living.  There is nothing easy when dealing with ghillie material.

No, I will just wear Mossey Oak, RealTree, ........... on my ass and leave IMO the PIA stuff alone.

Dave S
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Go for it! The "someone" can be you, and you can be the one that gets rich off your idea.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
do you mean hot gluing netting to a rail guard and tying burlap to it?  I make ghillie suits for a hobby,  and that sounds pretty easy.  I don't have a railed handguard,  so I wouldn't need it, but if you know how to build a ghillie suit, this would be easy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought so too...pretty easy.  No real need for a huge industry for it.  Just an idea!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I thought so too...pretty easy.  No real need for a huge industry for it.  Just an idea!

I'll start taking your idea seriously when you stop posting in bold blue fonts. It's friggin' obnoxious.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#6]
So wear blue lensed glasses and fade me out dick!  Or realize its easier for me to utelize a tool here to easily locate my past posts within a forum.  Your problem, your choice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow........ this post is going south real quick.......... someone has an attitude!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:09:22 AM EDT
[#8]
+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So wear blue lensed glasses and fade me out dick!  Or realize its it's easier for me to utelize utilize a tool here to easily locate my past posts within a forum.  Your problem, your choice.

1) I fixed your spelling and grammar mistakes for you.
2) If you want to resort to calling me names, let's go to the Pit Little Jimmy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the spell check Matt_B.  The pit.....?

Funny thing is, I was JUST thinking of going back to unbold-black fonts......but since you requested the bold-blue, I'll keep it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So wear blue lensed glasses and fade me out dick!  Or realize its it's easier for me to utelize utilize a tool here to easily locate my past posts within a forum.  Your problem, your choice.

1) I fixed your spelling and grammer mistakes for you.

Maybe you should fix your own first.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Someone has sand in their mangina.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:53:23 AM EDT
[#14]

However the general public really has no true use of the application.  

I've heard of hunters in the southwest of the country using them for coyote hunting because they have excellent sight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#15]
turkey hunting w/ an AR?  sounds fun
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Great.
Just what we need.

A "hairy" rifle.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) I fixed your spelling and grammer mistakes for you.

Maybe you should fix your own first.

Actually Grammar is spelled correctly here. Man, spelling nazis that can't spell
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#18]
good luck with your idea... but this is done.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top