Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2005 12:38:33 PM EDT
Bushmaster Logo. New and Old.  Are both still being used on the company's rifles? I just saw some Brand new from the factory AR's from Bushmaster with the older logo. Does Bushmaster use the older type logo on the aluminum type receivers and only use the newer type on the Carbon 15 models? Which do you like better? Anyone have Pics of logos? I like the older style. thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushy still uses both logos. The new logo on the BFI marked receivers and the old logo on the L marked receivers. I think I like the old one better. It's a little cleaner looking. I just wish they had a picture of an AR in the snakes body and not that ugly ass looking bullpup.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are both logos. The main differences are in the snakes head and tail.
old Bushy logo:

new Bushy logo:
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I like both, ok with me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
i like the old one better, but they both are still one of the coolest logos for ARs

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the older one best but still like and have both.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both, like both and can't see or feel the difference, especially when lead is flying downrange.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Old, new, whatever.
It's still a rattlesnake.
geez, don't these guys know anything about snakes?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
The Logos are as follows.

The LAR machined lowers have the old (Original) Snake logo.

The Bushmaster machined lowers have the new Sake logo.

BFI123456 = in house machining. New Snake Logo

L123456 = machined by LAR. Old style Logo.

Why this is I do not know and Bushmaster never responded to my two emails I sent them asking this question months ago.

I raised the question to Bushmaster as to what lowers they intend to build the SEBR”S on recently as well.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#9]
My guess is they will build the SEBR's on whatever lowers they have. Probably a mix of both.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

My WAG, as I don't know how the mark is applied, but...
Is that a rollmark?
Tooling.
The old shop has the tooling to make the one mark, and bushy bought a new set when they started building them in house. They didn't spend the money to change the tooling at the old place.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Old, new, whatever.
It's still a rattlesnake.
geez, don't these guys know anything about snakes?

Funny trivia, but the Bushmaster is a real snake, and it is not a rattlesnake, it is a viper found in South America.  It can be up to 12' long.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
[
Funny trivia, but the Bushmaster is a real snake, and it is not a rattlesnake, it is a viper found in South America.  It can be up to 12' long.

Yeah but it doesn't have a rattle.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my point.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the old.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I have no preference, both are great.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#16]
does a real bushmaster have a rattle?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my point.  

No, no, that was my point.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that a rollmark?
Tooling.
The old shop has the tooling to make the one mark, and bushy bought a new set when they started building them in house. They didn't spend the money to change the tooling at the old place.

Sorry but I don't know what WAG means.

I know right from Bushmaster’s mouth that they subcontract to LAR for some of there rifles.
I did not know that they had two production facilities. However I have yet to see a BFI numbered rifle with the older logo. I also have never seen a newer logo on a L numbered one as well.

Following is a response to a email I sent. (my email follows the response.)
Bushmaster has never answered my questions on the Logo differences. This is one of two or three emails asking the logo question.

Dear Kevin,

The lower was made at LAR. The other BFI is made here in Maine at odat machine.

Does this help.

Harvey Macomber

Customer Service

Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.

800-883-6229

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 1:32 PM
To: CSEmail
Subject: 8. Serial Number Research

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer_Number:
FirstName: Kevin
LastName: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Email: [email protected]
Category: 8. Serial Number Research
RMA:
Remote Name: XXXXXXXXXXX
Question
Hello there. I have a question regarding the serial numbers on your AR-15 rifles. If the serial number starts with BFI the lower is made at your factory. If it begins with an L was this made in house or from LMT or LAR Mfg or elsewhare? My rifle starts with an L so I was just curious after reading a thread on ARFCOM.. Maybe you can tell me where mine was forged and machined LXXXXXX. Also there is another question reguarding the Logo. It seems that there are two? one with and the other without a toung. can you give me any information as to whem and why the change? By the way I love my Modular Carbine. Thank You for your attention to this matter Kevin.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Wild Ass Guess.  See the list of acronyms
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
does a real bushmaster have a rattle?

Every picture I have seen, no. But is one bad looking mofo, I would not wanna tangle with it. Apparently is one of the more venomous snakes on the planet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder who's kid drew the original logo...
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:44:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I think the Bushmaster logo kinda sucks'.....a freakin' "stick-man" style snake!  C'mon after seeing Budweiser (Navy SEALs) logos and other detailed logos, this is slack.  However given the prices of Bushmaster's lowers $184.00 stripped....keep it simple and CHEAP however you have to.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:11:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that a rollmark?
Tooling.

I know right from Bushmaster’s mouth that they subcontract to LAR for some of there rifles.
I did not know that they had two production facilities. However I have yet to see a BFI numbered rifle with the older logo. I also have never seen a newer logo on a L numbered one as well.

Sorry for the confusion, I guess I wasn't clear.

You are saying Bushmaster lowers are made at two different places?
At the same time?
Is the logo applied at Bushmaster, or at the subcontractor?
Is it engraved, or stamped? It's a rollmark, right? So there's a ball with the logo on it and it's run across the lower leaving an impression?

I don't know the answers to those questions, but my thinking goes like this...
If it's applied at the subcontractor, and they are both making lowers at the same time, there must be two setups for producing the logo. (Although it need not necessarilly be that they are in concurrent production, it could be that they don't swap tooling.) Bushmaster may have needed to purchase a second set of tooling (Oftentimes the OEM owns the tooling and supplies it to the sub.) which may have had a different logo on it.

Clear as mud?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:12:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I only care about the gun working properly
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:19:58 AM EDT
[#25]
have both and other than the snake i dont see any difference.

but the bfi lowers are slightly darker and the l lowers have a little gray tint to it but thats pobably just me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't think they should have a snake at all.  Snakes are mean.  They should change the logo to flowers with smiley faces cuddling with eachother.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I just wish Bushmaster would explain the what’s and whys for the two different logo’s.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my point.  

No, no, that was my point.

"The silent rattlesnake", to quote the web site.
Bushmaster Snake Article
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 3:14:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
old Bushy logo:

new Bushy logo:

The first one looks like a happy snake. The tails still look like you know what.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
old Bushy logo:
gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=yelloov&pic=RM_BUSHMASTER_XM15-E2S_DETAIL.jpg
new Bushy logo:
gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=yelloov&pic=RM_BUSHMASTER_XM-15E2S_NEW_LOGO.jpg

The first one looks like a happy snake. The tails still look like you know what.

more like one that's high
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Am I the only one who thinks this tread is useless?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I would think the logo and serial number would have to be affixed to the lower wherever it is being made.  The ATF might not take kindly to a truck load of lowers being driven around with no serial numbers on them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#33]
While I own one I thnk both their logos are teh suk.

Plus I think they should finally ditch that old gun silhouette for an m4 or trash it all together.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Plus I think they should finally ditch that old gun silhouette for an m4 or trash it all together.

I cant beleive this is the first post with some logic and its on the second page.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant beleive this is the first post with some logic and its on the second page.

Yeah, I guess they were trying to push their m17 or whatever it's called.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I guess they were trying to push their m17 or whatever it's called.

Roots people, roots.
You know tradition.
History.
That's an Arms pistol, it's how they got their start.

And while we're at it, I don't care if the bushmaster is related to the rattlesnake, it doesn't have a rattle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Roots people, roots.
You know tradition.
History.

And while we're at it, I don't care if the bushmaster is related to the rattlesnake, it doesn't have a rattle.

Doesn't mean they need to have it stamped into their rifles as their crappy logo. Surely they could do better.

Keep the roots in historical files/museums there Kunta Kinte.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Okay, my receiver is the L series, machined by LAR. Who is LAR?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Roots people, roots.
You know tradition.
History.

Doesn't mean they need to have it stamped into their rifles as their crappy logo. Surely they could do better.

As long as you went there, how about states that still have the stars and bars in their flags. Those should go as well?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I like both of the logo's!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the pic's YellowV. Have a great day.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks this tread is useless?

Its better than yet another "6920" or "I have a scratch" thread.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as you went there, how about states that still have the stars and bars in their flags. Those should go as well?

Apples and oranges. One is corporate one it state traditions
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples and oranges. One is corporate one it state traditions

As long as they stick to their corporate tradition of selling us all of the firearms that they are legal allowed to sell us, instead of reserving them for the more special citizens, I'll let it go.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pic's YellowV. Have a great day.

No problem man.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I moved to Alaska because I hate snakes
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#47]
To PATHFINDER 74 what do you suggest for a logo with the name BUSHMASTER..because other than the snake the only other things you could use would be a tribesman running around with a spear,a woman naked from the waist down or a good set of hedge clippers....I much rather the snake...isnt a Bushmaster a snake anyway.Next it will be Armalite sucks because the logo reminds you of the lion,wicht and the wardrobe story.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#48]
What is it with AR's and penises? Old site logo and now my Bushy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I just wish Bushmaster would explain the what’s and whys for the two different logo’s.

They probably dont because they have 10 million other things to worry about then lettering and snakes teeth on a lower.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#50]
i like the old one!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top