Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2005 4:05:53 PM EDT
Tried reading the AR pistol thread but......29 pages!!!!  YIKES.

Quick question to those that know.

Interested in a BM Type 97S and thought about a vert grip on that lower rail.

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
no go.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The ATF feels it to be illegal. Constitutional? Doesn't matter as the ATF will still give you the short end of the stick.

If you really want to, write a $5 check to the ATF and apply for an Any Other Weapon tax stamp.

ETA: I R wrong.  It's $200 as per Big Bore's correction below.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Makes it a SBR?
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The BATFE says no, it becomes an AOW with that addition.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
CURSES!  That'd be super cool.

SBRs are no go in Michigan...Imagine AOW would be too....
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The $5 charge is for transferring an AOW, not making.  In order to add the VG you must MAKE an AOW, and that is on a form ! and $200, not $5.  Since it cost the same to make a SBR you would be silly to make an AOW instead of an SBR.  As a SBR it can have the VG AND a stock or no stock at all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The $5 charge is for transferring an AOW, not making.  In order to add the VG you must MAKE an AOW, and that is on a form ! and $200, not $5.  Since it cost the same to make a SBR you would be silly to make an AOW instead of an SBR.  As a SBR it can have the VG AND a stock or no stock at all.

But again, not in Michigan....damn.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a shame for sure.  I just moved from Indiana to Virginia and I cannot believe how much more BS I have to go through to buy a handgun and get a CCW in VA than I did in Indiana.  I feel like I have moved into a communist state compared to what I am use to.  Nowhere near as bad as you in Michigan, California, and other states have it but still a shock to me.  What gets me is how the locals use to all the BS think they have it good.  I suppose the devil you know...
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tried reading the AR pistol thread but......29 pages!!!!  YIKES.

Quick question to those that know.

Interested in a BM Type 97S and thought about a vert grip on that lower rail.

I've had a Professional Ordnance AR pistol for a couple of years. You hardly ever see the pistol version anywhere. Where is this thread you speak of? I'd be interested in scanning it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've had a Professional Ordnance AR pistol for a couple of years. You hardly ever see the pistol version anywhere. Where is this thread you speak of? I'd be interested in scanning it.

Do a search for it. I just posted to it today so I know that you will be able to find it and access it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

there you have it
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It is a shame for sure.  I just moved from Indiana to Virginia and I cannot believe how much more BS I have to go through to buy a handgun and get a CCW in VA than I did in Indiana.  I feel like I have moved into a communist state compared to what I am use to.  Nowhere near as bad as you in Michigan, California, and other states have it but still a shock to me.  What gets me is how the locals use to all the BS think they have it good.  I suppose the devil you know...

Shall issue CCW in MI and once you have it all you have to do is buy gun, walk out of store after 4473, "safety check" it at sheriff or whatnot. Sucks no SBR or F/A tho. Detroits legacy over the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shall issue CCW in MI and once you have it all you have to do is buy gun, walk out of store after 4473, "safety check" it at sheriff or whatnot. Sucks no SBR or F/A tho. Detroits legacy over the rest of the state.

Exactly! F-ing Wayne County!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top