Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2005 6:32:40 PM EDT
Read the thread, figured what the hell its only $39. Smooth transaction, got the reticle I ordered, no cant as reported here on arfcom, mounts nice to the 10/22. Zero'ed it in no time and was shooting targets 100yd+.

And then one day the fog rolled in. I can't see a damn thing thru the scope.

Is there some way to fix this? Or should I just trash the POS?

Link Posted: 6/14/2005 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You could send it in for warrantee work.

Or you could use it as a target on your next range trip.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Read the thread, figured what the hell its only $39. Smooth transaction, got the reticle I ordered, no cant as reported here on arfcom, mounts nice to the 10/22. Zero'ed it in no time and was shooting targets 100yd+.

And then one day the fog rolled in. I can't see a damn thing thru the scope.

Is there some way to fix this? Or should I just trash the POS?

You live in TX like me, where it is hot everywhere in the summer. Some one once suggested putting the optic in the back window of your car, where it gets very hot and dry, for a few days. This usually will dry out anything within a few days time. Worth a try perhaps, although I trashcanned my last leapers scope because it would not hold zero. Try to dry it out, if it holds zero ok.
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 5:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]
get yourself a can of Nitrogen gas, unscrew the focusing lens all the way off, hold scope verticle & dispense Nitrogen gas in it, reassemble & you should be good for a year or so fog free.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
get yourself a can of Nitrogen gas, unscrew the focusing lens all the way off, hold scope verticle & dispense Nitrogen gas in it, reassemble & you should be good for a year or so fog free.

And just where in the world would an average Joe like myself be able to buy "a can of Nitrogen gas"?

Eric
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Take advantage of the warranty.

I got a bad one in a batch of 3 I ordered, got a new one in a couple weeks....they all work great.

It's $39 well spent, I still believe.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:43:09 AM EDT
[#6]
EBAY....your gaseous nitrogen source.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Or go to your local airport.  The A&P mechanic there will probably purge it just for grins.  Just remember to disconnect the sight from the gun, first
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top