Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 8:01:01 PM EDT
Ok I've got what's going to seem like a stupid quesiton. When you sight in a scope or reddot for let's say 100 yards, were you will be shooting most of the time and then you go out and want to shoot at 25 yards wont your sights be off? I am pretty stupid to this type of stuff, I dont see how you can hunt with a reddot when It will be sighted in at 100 and then you are going to shoot somthing at 30 yards. Can someone please help me better understand this. Thanks Brian
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
if you sight in at 100 yards then at 25 yards your point of impact will be about 2" lower

Just like iron sites.

Aim high

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on your caliber, load and how high your red dot is over the center line of the Bore of your weapon. Best thing is to try your weapon at  those less, and longer ranges.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Experiment, grasshopper.  Results depend upon the weapon/sight format.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Black Crowes Tag

(just saw them perform tonight)
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#5]
groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw

This link may be of some help.

Mike

ps - for red-dots (Aimpoints or EOTechs) most of us use the IBZ 50 yard zero. There is also good ballistic info in the www.ammo-oracle.com which is "tacked" to the top of the Ammunition Forum.

Always review the "tacked" topics, they can be quite helpful.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top