Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2005 3:17:49 PM EDT
Sorry, tried in the sling forum, but nobody had an idea for me.

As a lefty AR shooter, I tried a Wilderness first generation 3point sling.  the problem is, the portion that runs along the barrel and receiver interferes with the ejection port.  I tried single point, but want more support for longer carry.  Before I try to find a two point sling, can anyone give some advice or send me to a thread?  Thanks.  GH
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
As a lefty, our options are somewhat limited.  You could always get a Stag-15L or DPMS Southpaw...problem solved.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Although I have and use 3 point lings, I found the Israeli IDF sling works just as well.  It is not a three point sling, however it can be made long enough where it acts as a three point sling at rest.  It has a fast release mechanism that makes it 5-6 inches longer instantly if you want the rifle to hang down in front of you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Holler at Ed Verdugo.

GRSC.com

951-845-9838

Ask about the "Swat Sling".

It''s absolutely Lefty Neutral, and FAST!!!!!!

Another option is the single point sling combined with a forearm keeper on the Vest/belt.

GRSC  has the patent on the Receiver extension adaptor that the rest openly violate.

However GRSC has them beat with material quality and flexibility.

The other day I did the math and came up with 28% of my guys are south paws, not counting myself.

Ain't had any problems yet with the Swat Sling and the Ambi CAR-A from Ed.

3 point slings are severely limited.

Humans have 2 sides to shoot from.
Therefore a 3 point limits a human to 50% of the available options in answer to any tactical problem.

Mind the whining...... the 3 points CAN be forced to work off of the opposite side, they just ain't neutral from the opposite side.

If the damn thing is in the way, it ain't helping the situation.

S-28

P.S.
You are working on shooting from your right side......Right?

50% of the corners to be pied, are  gonna be opposite of your primary shoulder.
The logic of a sling that is dedicated to one side cheats the operator.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Im lefty Ive had this sling for 6 months, Spec Ops 3 point. Never had one extraction or ejection issue....ever. When shooting it sags right out of the port.

hope these help...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top