Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2005 8:20:09 AM EDT
I went to a local gunshow last weekend, and saw a display with the Auto Burst trigger thingy that is supposed to let you shoot either semi-auto or in a full auto type fashion. The video they had playing showed it in use, and it did look impressive, especially on the AR15 type rifle in the video. This was aimed fire, not the bump-type firing from the hip.

I was just wondering if anyone in this forum had tried one. I did a search but didn't find anything. Sorry if this is a dupe.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
No, this isn't the crank looking thingy.

Here's a link:

http://www.hellstormtriggers.com/autoburstezmountingIns.htm
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
is it the one with the spring on the trigger?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolute garbage.  Yeah, I got ripped off for one before I learned my lesson.  Before I bought mine for $30, I actually called the company and talked to them about it.  They told me the thing worked by finding the sweet spot in the trigger where the recoil pulled the trigger muliple times.  Absolute lie.  The guns in the videos are actully full auto guns.  The only reason the ATF allows them is b/c they do not work.  I go so far as to boycott any dealer who sells them.  They know they are ripping you off.  In the end I just bought a class 3.  Just trying to help.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Assisted bump firing's all it is...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#7]
CRAP... Dont waste your money
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Awwww!  Not this crap again!

All of these devices promise some pretty spectacular stuff, but none of them are built as sturdy as they'd need to be to last very long.  None of them are as simple to use as they say they are either.  It would be much better to learn how to bump fire-which is basically what these devices cause anyway.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It would be much better to learn how to bump fire-which is basically what these devices cause anyway.

Bump-firing is easy and kind of fun... oh and Free!  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry folks, kinda new here.  Just what the hell is bump firing anyway?  And how do you do it?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the replies. I figured it was too good to be true. (damn it)  If I could go Class-3 for a reasonable amount, I'd be tempted, but I've heard its in the multiple thousands.... as in around $5000 or more. And is that per year?

Anyway, I did buy one of the things for $30, (could't resist the full auto fever) and I'll probably be able to try it out this weekend. If so, I'll post on it, with pics if possible.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. I figured it was too good to be true. (damn it)  If I could go Class-3 for a reasonable amount, I'd be tempted, but I've heard its in the multiple thousands.... as in around $5000 or more. And is that per year?

Anyway, I did buy one of the things for $30, (could't resist the full auto fever) and I'll probably be able to try it out this weekend. If so, I'll post on it, with pics if possible.

10K +  Well, depends on what you want   M16 upwards of 10K,  Mac10/11  3K if you shop around...

Mini Gun  250K
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

AFAIK, there's no "per year" cost to NFA stuff, other than the increased ammo spending.

That said, I'm too poor to own any full-auto stuff, and being in MO I can't have the NFA stuff I can afford. (supressors)
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I have seen the GAT trigger in use (the one you crank) and it works very well, works off of a cam, you can vary rate of fire with crank speed.

The rest of them work off inertia and don't work that well from what I have heard (But have never seen one in operation.)
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Check this gizmo out........Click Here

This is the GAT which is reviewed here on AR15.com (making is semi legitimate, right?..hat
good reading though....

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a GAT Trigger Crank if anyone want it.
It is a POS!

Just learn to Bump.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Here's a link:

JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!!!    I'm surprised they're even still in business.   I had one in the 90's and ended up taping it to a 50yd target and shooting it I was so pissed.   Even HESSE has a better product.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's a link:

JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!!!    I'm surprised they're even still in business.   I had one in the 90's and ended up taping it to a 50yd target and shooting it I was so pissed.   Even HESSE has a better product.  

----------------------------------------------------------------
I may do the same thing. If so, I'll do pics...  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeap, assisted bumb fire device.

A good two stage trigger and a light AR will get the ball roll'n just as well. I can push my BM M4 and standard trigger up to 400 rpm on a bad day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
The best i could do with the "Auto-Burst" device is a two-shot burst and i could'nt do it on command. When it happened it seemed more of an "accident" then deliberate.  I should have bought a decent sling or Mag instead....or you could just give some guy you dont know $30 bucks
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#21]
It sound like the mode of thinking here is for bump firing, is there any links to tutorials it in these forums?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
...but I've heard its in the multiple thousands.... as in around $5000 or more. And is that per year?

The cost of a Class 3 is like this:

The weapon--------->$5-$50k (and you CAN go MUCH higher)
BATFE Tax stamp--->$200

I'd add $2k for a GOOD safe delivered and installed, too.

No annual fees at the federal level.  Your state may put additional limitations on your ownership of full-auto weapons.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have a GAT Trigger Crank if anyone want it.
It is a POS!

Just learn to Bump.

how much you want?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Tried the hellfire, POS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I smell a scam
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top