Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:27:57 AM EDT
Just out of curiosity, anyone here wrap their rifle in some kind of camo/ghillie wrap, rather than painting it? Pics please?

Thnx
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#1]

About a year ago I saw where some guy was selling these camo sleeves that fit over the buttstock and HG...doesn't look like they caught on.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Try this.

coloradoshooting.org/RPAG.htm

RPAG is the company that was making covers. There are pictures and links in the article.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Black is Beautiful
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Wrap it in a couple of Tortillas!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Back in 1982, I had some woodland tape that I used to cover all the stocks with. I would then and some branches and such.

I was very tactical back then.

How many guys would strap on their Buck knives while going to the shower buck naked?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Back in 1982, I had some woodland tape that I used to cover all the stocks with. I would then and some branches and such.

I was very tactical back then.

How many guys would strap on their Buck knives while going to the shower buck naked?

I don't think I want to know where you strapped it on
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I will get my pics and send to you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
https://secure.quixion.net/bushrag/store/catalog/default.php?cPath=34

They have good ones.
i got mine from them..
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

But only if they're corn tortillas.  Flour tortillas are evil and should be banned.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But only if they're corn tortillas.  Flour tortillas are evil and should be banned.

BAH!!!

Get BOTH!  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a few camoflauge g-string bikinis that got a little too "small" on me and they now reside wrapped around my rascal rifle as well as a few miscellaneous pairs like leopard skin and tiger skin...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had a few camoflauge g-string bikinis that got a little too "small" on me and they now reside wrapped around my rascal rifle as well as a few miscellaneous pairs like leopard skin and tiger skin...

PICS?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#13]
You can do that, the only thing is with that is it may get caught up on its surroundings then if you painted it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You can do that, the only thing is with that is it may get caught up on its surroundings then if you painted it.

Also, wrapping things around the handguards blocks the vent holes so they'll get hot.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
From old woodland camo BDU's cut long strips 4" wide.   "Scallop" both sides, cutting "leaves" about 1.5" long.  Spiral wrap around handguard and barrel.  The scalloped edges will hang like leaves, give a 3D effect.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Corn offers better camo when crossing borders!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Southern borders maybe, but flour would work better when crossing a northern border in the winter...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Southern borders maybe, but flour would work better when crossing a northern border in the winter...

Yeah, Flour would be winter camo, Corn would be desert camo, guacamole could be used for jungle camo!
What would you use for urban camo? Moldy tortillas maybe??
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Flour would be winter camo, Corn would be desert camo, guacamole could be used for jungle camo!
What would you use for urban camo? Moldy tortillas maybe??

Black beans & rice.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#20]
In the Army, we had woodland camo covers that zipped over the stock and foregrip.
Never seen them since.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top