Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 7:27:00 PM EDT
I have a Colt M4 upper on the way with full-auto Bolt & Carrier.  

I understand these are semi-auto compatable........, but will this work with my Colt MT6731
lower with receiver block?  If not..., can the block be legally removed?

If so....., how do I remove the block?

Or should I just use the MT6731 carrier?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, it will work with your lower even with the block. Just be careful not to use the full auto carrier in a semi auto weapon, its not legal to do so. Its also legal to remove the block in case you want to change the trigger to a custom job that requires it to be removed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Heres a way you can remove that sear block,  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=202184
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been beaten to death, so stop spreading misinformation.

It is perfectly legal to use the M16 bolt and bolt carrier in a Semi-Auto weapon.
It is also legal to remove that crappy sear block.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, it will work with your lower even with the block. Just be careful not to use the full auto carrier in a semi auto weapon, its not legal to do so. Its also legal to remove the block in case you want to change the trigger to a custom job that requires it to be removed.

If it's ilegal, why is colt shipping them in their 6920's
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It is perfectly legal to use the M16 bolt and bolt carrier in a Semi-Auto weapon.

I was informed by dealers that are selling m16 carriers that it was illegal, im NOT puposely trying to spread misinformation! I guess during your beating the BATF must have confirmed that it wasnt illegal, thanks for the info!

Now as for COLT selling a batch of 6920's with the full auto carriers, I read they had to get paper work to do so from the BATF.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was informed by dealers that are selling m16 carriers that it was illegal, im NOT puposely trying to spread misinformation! I guess during your beating the BATF must have confirmed that it wasnt illegal, thanks for the info!

Now as for COLT selling a batch of 6920's with the full auto carriers, I read they had to get paper work to do so from the BATF.

Ok guys............, which is it??????  

My upper is almost here & I want to be legal!!!

Can someone confirm either way??

Have a heart......., Pleaese help the clueless!!!!  Which in this case would be me!

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You are full of shit and have no idea what you are talking about.

You come on here with 73 posts and act like some "expert"

It is perfectly legal to remove the block in your lower.

It is also legal to use a select fire carrier in a semi only rifle.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Blow me you fucking jackoff!! I didnt come here to be insulted by a fucking moron like yourself!! Nor did I mention it was illegal to remove the sear block!! You need to learn how to comprehend what is being written here!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blow me you fucking jackoff!! I didnt come here to be insulted by a fucking moron like yourself!! Nor did I mention it was illegal to remove the sear block!! You need to learn how to comprehend what is being written here!!

And the next sound you will hear is the sound of being BANNED!   Read the CoC, sir.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]
W]W
I didn't mean to start anything........, I'm just trying to get educated!!

I figured this would be something that was written in stone either way...., I just didn't know
(and still don't know) which way!!!

Anyboby else want to chime in on this one??

I couldn't find any info. with a search, or I would'nt be asking!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And scottryan speaketh the truth.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
WOW!!!!

I didn't mean to start anything........, I'm just trying to get educated!!

I figured this would be something that was written in stone either way...., I just didn't know
(and still don't know) which way!!!

Anyboby else want to chime in on this one??

I couldn't find any info. with a search, or I would'nt be asking!!

You didnt start anything. Someone else did. Here is the beaten dead horse einsteine was talking about www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=147440
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll treat people the way they want to treat me. If they want to ban me, so be it!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll treat people the way they want to treat me. If they want to ban me, so be it!

Ok, wise one.  Do you intend to post facts or your bullshit in the future?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't arguing with the point of weither or not it was illegal to remove the sear block.  I was giving ru4freedom a straight answer like he requested.  

Don't spread misinformation like you did here:

And then get cocky about it when someone calls you out it like you did here:

I guess during your beating the BATF must have confirmed that it wasnt illegal, thanks for the info!

And you wont have any problems

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the next sound you will hear is the sound of being BANNED!   Read the CoC, sir.

Ok, I read it sir. Number 6 is interesting, 6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

See the part about disagreeing but do it in a respectful manner?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What paper work would that be?  A form 9?  lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't arguing with the point of weither or not it was illegal to remove the sear block.  I giving ru4freedom a straight answer like he requested.  

And then get cocky about when someone calls you out it like you did here:

I guess during your beating the BATF must have confirmed that it wasnt illegal, thanks for the info!

I really wasnt getting cocky, I appologize if it sounded that way.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I read it sir. Number 6 is interesting, 6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

See the part about disagreeing but do it in a respectful manner?

Do you think the phrase " Blow me you fucking jackoff!" qualifies as respectful?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't arguing with the point of weither or not it was illegal to remove the sear block.  I giving ru4freedom a straight answer like he requested.  

"Blow me you fucking jackoff" sounds rather cocky to me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And we have an instigater!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Blow me you fucking jackoff" sounds rather cocky to me.

That isnt even the comment he was refering to. What a joke you are!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I just want to read more of your wisdom,  shootersden.

Please educate us.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was refering to your full auto bolt carrier statements to justify my position that you are cocky and are wrong.

I didn' t need to bring up anything else because your other statements spoke for themselves.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And we have an instigater!

What form did Colt recieve from BATF for permission?  C'mon,  you read it.  It must be true.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#26]
theshootersden,

You might just want to drop it because you are not going to win this one.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was refering to your full auto bolt carrier statements to justify my position that you are cocky and are wrong.

I didn' t need to bring up anything else because your other statements spoke for themselves.

+1.  scottryan is a respected member here who has alot of informative,  ACCURATE info that is very helpful.  He does not spew bullshit.

He da man!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#29]
yeah, your right, who can take on heckyl and jeckyl and win? Later!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I think theshootersden has given up.  

theshootersden, If it makes you feel better, you can think about how you just upped you post count by 12% during our little "discussion"

Now lets try to get his back on topic.  Here is some more info.

If you have a pinned sear block that has the protruding edge that says "Colt" on the top of it, you will need to remove it as a select fire carrier will hit the top of the block.

If you have a newer Colt lower with the "web" block that is a part of the lower, then you can use any carrier you like with no issues and you do not have to remove the block.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Mine does have the protruding edge with "COLT" on it.  

Can I just grind the protruding portion of the block down flush with the top of the lower?

Seems like that would be a quick fix!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Mine does have the protruding edge with "COLT" on it.  

Can I just grind the protruding portion of the block down flush with the top of the lower?

Seems like that would be a quick fix!

Yes, you can just grind down the edge so it is flush with the top of the lower and any carrier will work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#33]
That's what I'll do than.......,Thanks for the info!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Did you know some S/A Colts are SHIPPING with a F/A carrier?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top