Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 4:18:10 PM EDT
I am looking at  building a GUU-5p clone or a Dissy........which would you recommend? Why?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Dissy, because I don't know WTF a GUU-5p is.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
me neither explain for us.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
GUU-5P is the A-1 upper, M-4 barrel and CAR-15 stock...........or something like that
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
or something like that

You don't know exactly what it is, and yet you want to build one.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm................................
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
or something like that

You don't know exactly what it is, and yet you want to build one.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm................................

+1

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
GUU-5P is the A-1 upper, M-4 barrel and CAR-15 stock...........or something like that

LMAO!!!!  build whats going to make you happy until you can get the second one built, cause you know your not leaving this site with just ONE.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I know what it is.............just having a hard time deciding, and being on this site isnt helping me refrain from BRD. MRW's rifle on page 5 of the lighweight "carbeans" thread is kinda where I am going with this idea.........  

Quoted:

Quoted:
or something like that

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, I know what it is.............just having a hard time deciding, and being on this site isnt helping me refrain from BRD. MRW's rifle on page 5 of the lighweight "carbeans" thread is kinda where I am going with this idea.........  

Quoted:

Quoted:
or something like that

When I showed up here I had a 20"postban, plain Jane rifle and a 16" plain Jane carbine, now I have eight different setups.  SPR(s), SAM-R, RECCE, Dissy - you name it I've got or had it.  Good luck with your second build.  Might as well do both and start your  third, while you're at it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#9]
This is # 3...............Now I need to start #4........man, you guys are a bad influence on me..............good thing the fiance understands and encourages me to enjoy black rifles!  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Dissy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am looking at  building a GUU-5p clone or a Dissy........which would you recommend? Why?

Well it would help if you told us what (if any) AR's you already own and what you plan to use this one for?

If not, then I vote neither. Build a 16" mid-length!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well it would help if you told us what (if any) AR's you already own and what you plan to use this one for?

Nah, a Dissy using a 16" midlength barrel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, a Dissy using a 16" midlength barrel.

You ! but you know, that's not such bad idea!....
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a 16 inch Eagle Arms HBAR carbine and a Stag Arms M-4 carbine..........and now I think I have narrowed it down to a midlength upper from RRA or a Dissy w/govt profile.........decisions decisions ........kinda leaning to the Middie, but that Dissy is mighty appealing, and I plan on using it for general shooting.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have a 16 inch Eagle Arms HBAR carbine and a Stag Arms M-4 carbine..........and now I think I have narrowed it down to a midlength upper from RRA or a Dissy w/govt profile.........decisions decisions ........kinda leaning to the Middie, but that Dissy is mighty appealing, and I plan on using it for general shooting.  

That being the case, I would honestly vote middy. A GUU-5p is a little too similar to what you already have, just lighter and more KISS (although it wouldn't be a bad project to replace your EA HBAR with! )

I'm not a big fan of Dissy's. The only two advantages they offer is longer sight radius (which is meaningless if you will be using optics with it?) and more room to hang shit off of it but I'm not personally real big on that. Lastly, Dissy's just look plain ol' goofy but I have seen a few that looked pretty sweet.

Now if you did what Mongo suggested and used a mid-length gas system barrel or better yet, get a 20" rifle barrel and have it cut down for a dissy build, then I can see some real advantages but then you are getting into the really custom realm.

I don't know, I just like middy's. I have one with a gov't profiled barrel, A2 upper and a A1 stock and it is one of the best balanced and pleasant to shoot AR's I've shot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top