Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2005 8:01:56 AM EDT
I'm trying to figure out which model I have, and I'm not sure based on a spread sheet on www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/variants  

It is marked "AR-15 A2      CAL.223        SPORTER II   SER. SP3469XX"

16" PENCIL BARREL, 1/7
A2 FLASH HIDER
A1 SIGHTS
CASE DEFLECTOR & FORWARD ASSIST
A1 LOWER (NO FENCE AROUND MAGAZINE RELEASE)

I'm about 90% sure I bought it in 87, but may have been '88.

I guess it is somewhere around R6520, but with A1 sights?  Did Colt make odd weapons out of parts in the shop?  Is there a better resource for reference?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Did Colt make odd weapons

Stop right there.  The answer is yes.  Colt is the master of violating all the rules, especially their own rules.  There are more than a few oddball Colts out there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There are more than a few oddball Colts out there.

WRONG ANSWER!!!

This is where you tell me it is very rare and worth a ga-zillion dollars.   More than enough to keep me in Ar's and Ammo for decades.  Maybe even fund a private range....

...and a compound.  I've always wanted a compound.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are more than a few oddball Colts out there.

WRONG ANSWER!!!

This is where you tell me it is very rare and worth a ga-zillion dollars.   More than enough to keep me in Ar's and Ammo for decades.  Maybe even fund a private range....

...and a compound.  I've always wanted a compound.

Who knows, maybe you got one of those "gold plated" oddballs.  I certainly don't have enough brain power to keep up with all the Colt designators.  I don't have time to learn them all.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top