Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 1:58:45 PM EDT
Jus wondering, I may be goin surpressed on my AR and heard the PRI Thandle helps blowback, but thats a pretty big price diff. for something that jus looks a lil thicker than a normal one. Im no engineer but what makes them so expensive?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it has a port on the left side for gases to decharge instead of going straight back into the eye of the shooter.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
supply vs. demand.

No one else is yet making a similar product, so you can charge what people will pay, and recover your R&D costs faster.  Oh and dont forget a little bit of profit.  Profit is a good thing that gives you the ability to go and do it again.

Tex78
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI, you can buy the latch and put it in any old CH if you don't run a suppressor.  Works for me at 1/4 the price...

ETA - Just re-read the primary post.  If you can afford a suppressor and NFA clearance, will the extra few bucks kill you?  J/k, enjoy...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

ETA - Just re-read the primary post.  If you can afford a suppressor and NFA clearance, will the extra few bucks kill you?  J/k, enjoy...

You dont know me very well. Retail is for suckers. lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FYI, you can buy the latch and put it in any old CH if you don't run a suppressor.  Works for me at 1/4 the price...

There's more to the gasbuster than just a larger latch handle.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Right right.  And that's what they get the msrp on them for.  In anti-NFA states like mine I'm happy with the latch alone.  Everything I've seen indicates the full-house gasbuster is worth the cost.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Could someone please post some pic's that  SHOW  the
differences between the Gas-Buster and a standard unit ?

Thanks !
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
think one of the industry dealers had a pic posted somewhere,

agree not much difference but when someone continues to pay the high prices they stay high
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Here are some pics I just snapped.  One is blurry, but you can still get the idea.  The GB is on the left, with a RRA on the right.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Also, the PRI charging handle is built much sturdier than the standard. I've seen a few bent stock charging handles but have yet to ever see a bent PRI unit. Part of that may just be because it is a relatively rare occurence to begin with and there are few PRI handles out there. However, there is no question that the PRI is more solid.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, the PRI charging handle is built much sturdier than the standard. I've seen a few bent stock charging handles but have yet to ever see a bent PRI unit. Part of that may just be because it is a relatively rare occurence to begin with and there are few PRI handles out there. However, there is no question that the PRI is more solid.

+1 I have bent and seen my share of cracked CH's. I have TRIED to bend my PRI (when I had a bad jam) and couldn't do it. The materials are are superior and you the best part is that you get and Military latch!

C4

Whoah Grant!! Slow down there buddy!  That last sentence made absolutely no sense.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I like my gas busters because the gripping area is a little bigger. Combine that with the big latch and you have a device that is more comfortable and ergonomic for charging the weapon with the palm of the left hand. I've also noticed that my gas busters tend to ride in the channel more smoothly than my standard charging handles. I think they are worth 80-90 bucks and are a very worthwhile addition to any AR.

-sc
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:47:00 AM EDT
[#16]
WOW. Thanks for the comments and pics.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#18]
AHHHHHHHH screw it, I jus ordered one from Grant

mmm ordered on the 23th May. still not shown up yet. almost 2weeks? WTH.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#19]
You won't regret it!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Totally worth it, especially for lefties and anybody else who wants a CH that is easier to pull. PRi had some anodizing issues as of late (my most recient GasBuster arrived quite purple, but is now deep black) due to a improperly grounded anodizing tank.

Aside from that isolated incident, the Gasbuster is clearly worth the 70 dollars you pay for it, even if you don't run a suppressor. The military latch is easily the most user friendly, and least
"snaggable" out there, and when mated to the GB, it's a super piece of gear!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Totally worth it, especially for lefties and anybody else who wants a CH that is easier to pull. PRi had some anodizing issues as of late (my most recient GasBuster arrived quite purple, but is now deep black) due to a improperly grounded anodizing tank.

Aside from that isolated incident, the Gasbuster is clearly worth the 70 dollars you pay for it, even if you don't run a suppressor. The military latch is easily the most user friendly, and least
"snaggable" out there, and when mated to the GB, it's a super piece of gear!

Where are you getting them for $70?!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I meant to say 70 EXTRA dollars, sorry.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You dont know me very well. Retail is for suckers. lol

+1.  Just placing a brownells wholesale order!  I didn't see the gasbuster.  Oops, here it is:gasbuster
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I meant to say 70 EXTRA dollars, sorry.

Ya tease!!  You had me going there for a second...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#25]
With or with out a suppressor I'm probably going to get one. I like the idea of gas being directed away from my face especially at an indoor range.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top