Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2005 8:42:38 AM EDT
So I have a PDF file of SR-1 (I understand this to be the NRA high power rifle target, dimensioned for 100 yard range). Now, at the range I go to, there is a 225 yard lane. I think the appropriate target to use there would be the SR-1 style target, but scaled up some ratio, say 225% that of the SR-1. Maybe that would make it an SR-2.25??? I don't know much about regulation targets, am I on the right track?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
No wonder noone is answering.  This thread is gay...

Take a total station out there with you, set up over the target stand and shot back at the bench.  Shoot back up range and find your 200yd or 200m mark- you'll end up in the grass and you'll be able to lie prone.  

or, take a chain and a few chaining pins and measure out the correct distance.  

Make sure to set a capped bar at both ends.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Jackass. Maybe you would need that precision if you actually USED your bullet thrower instead of just stroking it.

Quoted:
No wonder noone is answering.  This thread is gay...

Take a total station out there with you, set up over the target stand and shot back at the bench.  Shoot back up range and find your 200yd or 200m mark- you'll end up in the grass and you'll be able to lie prone.  

or, take a chain and a few chaining pins and measure out the correct distance.  

Make sure to set a capped bar at both ends.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey!!!  That's a personal Attack!!!

I prefer to call it my "Baby Batter Splattergun" and I'll stroke it all I want.  

why are we talking about penises now anyway?

Hey- you still got KAC panels for sale?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Brent I'd just blow it up 2x and call it a day if you're just practicing.  IIRC at 200y the 10 ring should be 4" dimapeter and the X ring should be 2" diameter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Brent I'd just blow it up 2x and call it a day if you're just practicing.  IIRC at 200y the 10 ring should be 4" dimapeter and the X ring should be 2" diameter.

Great, I'll see how that works out. It's just that the SR1 at 225yds is so small that if I hang 4 of them up, spaced something like 8" apart, three of the targets occupy the entire front sight post... Do you know of a source for target specs? I am not an NRA member, but probably should be.

JoeR - No, I don't have any panels for sale right now, but probably will after I figure out how I want to do my SBR rig.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#6]
IIRC they try to keep the black area the same size (in moa) across the course.

At 200y the X, 10, and 9 rings should be black - IIRC your 100y target only the 10 & X ring are black.
(at 300y the x, 10,9 & 8 rings are black and at 600y the X, 10, 9, 8, and 7 rings are black)  so you might need to color in the 9 ring yourself.

And YES you need to join the NRA...

Here is the CMP Rulebook targets are covered in section 6.7.2
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Perfect. Thanks very much.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top