Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 2:55:40 AM EDT
I finally did. I received my LMT upper from Dennys Guns, and matched it up with a LMT lower.

Now, I need to figure out what to do next.

Should I fork out the bucks and get a LMT bolt and carrier, or should I just get a RRA? Pros Cons ideas?

Second, I was thinking about a LMT BUIS, but then what if I get that ACOG I have always wanted? I have an old Troy sight on my other AR, but I don't want two with the same setup. I was also thinking that I might go with an Aimpoint, then later add an Aimpoint magnifier??

Questions Questions Questions.

Oh, and for those LMT haters. Mine looks and is perfect no mag issues nor blimishes. So go suck an egg.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I finally did. I received my LMT upper from Dennys Guns, and matched it up with a LMT lower.

Now, I need to figure out what to do next.

Should I fork out the bucks and get a LMT bolt and carrier, or should I just get a RRA? Pros Cons ideas?

Second, I was thinking about a LMT BUIS, but then what if I get that ACOG I have always wanted? I have an old Troy sight on my other AR, but I don't want two with the same setup. I was also thinking that I might go with an Aimpoint, then later add an Aimpoint magnifier??

Questions Questions Questions.

Oh, and for those LMT haters. Mine looks and is perfect no mag issues nor blimishes. So go suck an egg.

It's my understanding that LMT Bolts are proofed and rollmarked MP. are they not? I don't believe RRA bolts are. If this is the case, it's a no brainer. Nothing against RRA, but I think the LMT bolt group in an otherwise completely LMT rifle is the way to go, without a doubt.

And a big +1 on the Aimpoint. Consider the M3 of ML3. That 2 moa dot and 50,000 battery life are really an improvement over the M2/ML2s 4 moa dot and 10,000 hour battery life.

Congrats on you new Rifle!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Oh, I almost forgot!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I recently purchased an LMT upper/BCG from Bravo Co. USA and an LMT lower from Dennys Guns. I bought my LMT BUIS from another ARFCOM'er. Put it all together and went to the range. NO PROBLEM'S. YMMV. Ray
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I havent heard anything bad about LMT standard bolt carrier groups... but my evil mongrel has a colt BCG which I bought from CDNN for $120.

the LMT BUIS is cool with an aimpoint but no good with an ACOG.

if you go the aimpoint route, get the LMT BUIS, and a larue tactical cantilever mount for the Aimpoint.

altho if u want the magnifier, you will have to get a flip up BUIS, and teh troy is the best of the bunch.

My LMT upper also seems to be perfect.... I didnt go the pure LMT route, my M4gery is bm/colt/LMT

I love teh evil mongrel rifle

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Tagged for more LMT STUFF.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Go for the SOPMOD stock. You'll love it. LMT makes some serious hardware.

I leave my Colt in the closet everytime I go to the range. LMT's accuaracy is superior. (maybe I just got a bad Colt and a coulple of good LMTs)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you fired it yet?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll post pics once it's done.

It would be really nice to have a complete LMT AR.

dennysguns, I have to pay some bills first. You know mortage, phone, electric and such.

Its still unfired.

I tried one of new-arguy's SPRs with a LMT crane stock, but I just couln't get over that buttpad sticking to my shoulder. I had a heck of a time changing targets while lying prone.

Does anyone know for sure about MP test being done on RRA bolt/carrier or not?

new-arguy, I would like to take a closer look at you extra LMT BUIS.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats on your complete LMT rifle. I have a LMT upper and I'm just waiting to get my LMT CAR lower in the next week or two. As of now my LMT upper is temporarily on my Colt 6721 TAC CAR.

I got the LMT BUIS and using it with my Aimpoint M2 but I might get a cantilever type mount later on.

I'm using a LMT M16 auto BCG and have a spare standard LMT BCG which I bought with my uppers.

Maybe you should try the new Magpul 93B model stock and see how it feels.

Here's a photo of my LMT upper on my Colt lower, it's the second one from the bottom of the page.

M4gery Pic Thread link
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top